Nashville International Airport
Constructed as a Works Progress Administration project, the airport was dedicated in 1936, and officially opened in June 1937. The three letter identifier, BNA, stands for Berry Field NAshville. It was named Berry Field in honor of Colonel Harry S. Berry, State Administrator of the WPA. The airport's name was changed to Nashville International Airport in 1988 to reflect present and future international air service goals.