North Louisiana History
Under the former title, Journal of the North Louisiana Historical Association, the journal was published quarterly from 1969 through 1998. The publication is based in Shreveport, Louisiana, and currently edited by Emilia Gay Griffith Means, a retired history professor at Louisiana State University in Shreveport. The printing press for the journal is named in honor of the late Louisiana Tech University educator and regional historian John Ardis Cawthon.
The journal accepts articles for possible publication which focus on any part of Louisiana north of and including Alexandria, Louisiana. An index of articles published between 1970 and 2005 is available online. In addition to its scholarly articles, the journal recently began accepting personal reminiscences and essays relative to regional history, an art that Cawthon particularly pioneered during the 1970s.
Starting in 1970, articles published in the journal have been abstracted and cited in America, history and life, Historical abstracts. Part A. Modern history abstracts, and Historical abstracts. Part B. Twentieth century abstracts.
- Trove - North Louisiana history / North Louisiana Historical Association". National Library of Australia. http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/7114007. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- North Louisiana researchers gain another source". The Advocate. April 30, 2006. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=AD&p_theme=ad&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=11159E6995A7EA30&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 2011-04-11. "The Winter 2006 edition of North Louisiana History, which is published by the North Louisiana Historical Association, has again presented some great research material in an nicely-formatted publication. It is published three times a year by the North Louisiana Historical Association, Inc. of Shreveport. Emilia Gay Griffith Means is the editor. North Louisiana History contains pictures and maps. It is an excellent publication.Monica Pels has contributed a well-documented article in the ...
- "Trove - Journal (North Louisiana Historical Association)". National Library of Australia. ISSN 0739-005X. http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/5622299. Retrieved April 10, 2011. "Journal Dates: Vol. 1, no. 1 (fall 1969)-v. 29, no. 4 (fall 1998). Frequency: Quarterly."
- "North Louisiana Historical Association Bylaws". http://northlouisianahistory.org/page7.html. Retrieved April 10, 2011.
- "Archives & Special Collections". Louisiana State University in Shreveport. http://lsus.edu/library/archives/indexes/index.htm. Retrieved July 21, 2010.
- "Journal". http://northlouisianahistory.org/page3.html. Retrieved April 10, 2011. "Articles appearing in North Louisiana History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life."
- Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Louisiana_History" on April 12, 2011, with permission of the author, Billy Hathorn