Obamunism is a portmanteau that was created by mixing together the words Obama and Communism, coined by critics of the Obama administration to describe Barack Obama's socialistic and "fascism light" economic policies (Benito Mussolini defined fascism as the wedding of state and corporate powers. Accordingly, trend forecaster Gerald Celente labels Obama's corporate bailouts as being "fascism light" in nature). Obamunism can also refer to Obama's ruinous fiscal policies and reckless monetary policies which have contributed to high unemployment rates in the United States.
Wall Street firms and banks that were bailed out were among Obama's biggest campaign supporters. Therefore, the Obama administration bailouts of corrupt, unproductive, and reckless Wall Street firms was hardly surprising, although it certainly was not helpful in making the United States economy more productive and prosperous. A 2005 study found that government corporate bailouts are often done for mere political considerations and the economic resources allocated exhibit significantly worse economic performance than resources that are invested using purely business considerations.
- 1 Economic policy
- 2 Return of Stagflation Concerns
- 3 Command and Control
- 4 Civilian National Security Force
- 5 Human Rights
- 6 Further reading
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Advocates of free market capitalism were also opposed to President George W. Bush, who signed legislation passed by the Democratic House and Senate totaling over a trillion dollars in corporate bailouts in 2008. For example, the Treasury and Federal Reserve bailed out the leading banks and insurance companies in 2008 with hundreds of billions of dollars of guarantees of bad loans (called "toxic assets").
Trend forecaster Gerald Celente predicts that the corrupt economic policies of the Obama administration will lead to a second great depression that is global in scope (Celente predicted the 1987 US stock market crash, the dot.com crash, the US 2008/2009 recession, and the collapse of the USSR in the early 1990s) and "second American Revolution" (Gerald Celente predicted the tax protests that are now occurring in America). Celente also asserts that the costly and inefficient temporary short term methods that the Obama administration is using to alleviate economic problems in the short term (which are causing massive increases in deficit spending) is only making matters worse and will not prevent the worse economic depression in United States history from occurring. In addition, Celente predicts that if a "second American Revolution" occurs in a peaceful and productive manner, it may include a third party movement of governance that will advocate a more free market capitalism approach to the American economy and a more strict interpretation of the United States constitution as far as the authors' original intent.
Gerald Celente commentary on Obama's economic policy
In an April 20, 2009 interview with Russia Today, Gerald Celente stated concerning Barack Obama's economic policy:
|“||America is going from what used to be the major capitalistic country in the world of free market – a crusader – into what Mussolini would have called fascism: the merger of state and corporate powers. So it is not socialism as people believe, it is socialism’s egalitarianism. It’s not communism where the state controls monopolies – it’s fascism, plain and simple. The merger of corporate and government powers. State-controlled capitalism is called fascism, and fascism has come to America in broad daylight. But they’re feeding them it in little bits and pieces. First AIG was too big to fail. Mortgage companies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were too big to fail. Banks too big to fail and auto companies. And now we give money to the people that make the auto parts. And now there’s talk about the technology companies, wanting their piece of the action. The merger of state and government is called fascism. Take it from Mussolini; he knew a thing or two about it.||”|
Return of Stagflation Concerns
In February 2010 the Washington Times reported:
|“|| Prices rose 2.7 percent during 2009, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' recent update of the Consumer Price Index (CPI). This is a worrisome fact because last year's unemployment rate averaged more than 9 percent. This trend may signal a return of "stagflation," a merger of stagnation and inflation.
In the 1970s, stagflation shocked traditional Keynesian economists, whose models said the economy could not suffer from both high unemployment and rapid inflation at the same time. Unfortunately, the Keynesians were wrong, because an economy obviously can experience both evils simultaneously...
It seems every week the Obama administration announces some new tax or mandate that will further handicap businesses. Regardless of the official definitions of recession, the economy will remain sluggish for years to come. But if the Federal Reserve continues with its reckless policies, Americans will experience high inflation on top of high unemployment. As in the late 1970s, Americans will see that the pundits are wrong, because stagflation is very real.
Command and Control
President Obama made a decision to have the director of the U.S. Census Bureau work directly with the White House, a move in advance of the 2010 census that will determine redistricting of congressional seats.
The Census is used to redraw district lines for elected seats in Congress and state legislatures. Efforts were made by the Clinton administration after the 2000 Census to adjust the totals for states and cities using statistical sampling and computer models. In 1999, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in Department of Commerce v. U.S. House that sampling could not be used to reapportion congressional seats. But it left open the possibility that sampling could be used to redraw political boundaries within the states.
Not only is it the basis for congressional redistricting, it provides the raw data by which government spending is allocated on everything from roads to schools. The Bureau of Labor Statistics also uses the Census to prepare the economic data that so much of business relies upon.
Rep. Darrell Issa of California and Rep. Patrick McHenry of North Carolina on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, addressed President Obama: "Requiring the Census director to report directly to White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is a shamefully transparent attempt by your administration to politicize the Census Bureau and manipulate the 2010 Census. The constitutionally-mandated decennial Census needs to be fair, accurate and trusted. By circumventing the secretary of commerce's oversight of the Census Bureau and handing it directly to a political operative such as Mr. Emanuel, you are severely jeopardizing the fairness and accuracy of the 2010 Census."  Issa also stated, "Any attempt by the Obama administration to circumvent the census process for their political benefit will be met with fierce opposition. This ill-conceived proposal undermines a constitutionally obligated process that speaks to the very heart of our democracy."
Michael Barone of US News and World Report noted the White House power grab may violate the Constitution. Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution provides for an "actual enumeration" and a statute passed by Congress provides that the duties under this clause are to be performed by the secretary of commerce. Article is about the legislative, not the executive branch. Hence, the president can't substitute a sampling for the enumeration required to be done by the secretary.
Bruce Chapman, director of the U.S. Census Bureau under President Ronald Reagan, explains
- "[I]f the nation's premier statistical agency were placed under White House direction, the danger to public trust would be enormous. The Decennial count is one of the few federal functions specifically described in the Constitution itself and must be operated above suspicion of politics. Power flows from an accurate census count. Everyone involved for years has seen the count therefore as a sacred trust. It must not be polluted with even a semblance of presidential meddling." 
National Security Council staff
The Tower Commission Report on the Iran/Contra fiasco during the Reagan Administration reviewed what was wrong  in the National Security process and made specific recommendations to avoid future potential abuses of power. The report stated the NSC staff had "developed an important role within the Executive Branch of coordinating policy review, preparing issues for presidential decision, and monitoring implementation. For this reason it has generally operated out of public view and has not been subject to direct oversight by Congress." In Iran/Contra, the "NSC staff assumed direct operational control," and "Congress was never notified."
As specific recommendations, the Commission declared "Departments and agencies should not be excluded from participation in the process. The staff should not be implementors or operators;" when the NSC staff "take on implementation responsibilities, they risk compromising their objectivity. They can no longer act as impartial overseers of the implementation, ensuring that Presidential guidance is followed, that policies are kept under review, and that the results are serving the President's policy and the national interest." The Commission also noted, "Circumventing the departments...robs the President of the experience and capacity resident in the departments...Process will not always produce brilliant ideas, but history suggests it at least can prevent bad ideas from becoming presidential policy."
In August 2009 it was revealed the Obama administration ignored the Tower Commission Report. In a profanity-laced screaming match at the White House CIA Director Leon Panetta protested Obama's decision to create a team of interrogators overseen by the White House. Responsibility for interrogations of suspects was shifted away from the CIA and the National Security Council staff given direct operational control. Independent Counsel for Iran/Contra Lawrence Walsh wrote in the Final Report, "The National Security Act of 1947, the statute that created the NSC,48 charges it to 'assess and appraise the objectives, commitments, and risks of the United States in relation to our actual and potential military power, in the interest of national security," whereas the CIA, created by the same statute as an "agency involved in intelligence activities -- 'under the National Security Council,' and assigns the CIA the responsibility of 'coordinating the intelligence activities of the several Government departments and agencies in the interest of national security . . . under the direction of the National Security Council.50"  The Obama administration has said the new arrangements will be involved in "intelligence gathering."
Critics such as former National Security Adviser Richard Allen said, "The National Security Council staff doesn't have, in my view, the expertise to be in the interrogation business" and puts the White House "in a position of micro-managing the process." Tony Shaffer, a former Army intelligence observed, "Once you have direct knowledge of day-to-day activities coming into a central location near or at the White House, there's a tendency, almost a temptation, to meddle in actual field activities, such as LBJ calling in to commanders in rice paddies in Vietnam what he wants to have done that day."
Unlike executive departments and agencies such as the Department of Justice, FBI, and CIA, the National Security Council staff is not subject to Congressional authority and oversight, and operate outside the spotlight of public view. The American Civil Liberties Union made this point during the elections of 2008 when the George W. Bush NSC staff was involved only in decisions and authorizations and before the Obama NSC staff took on an operational role.
John Brennan, who was Obama's first choice as CIA Director, had his nomination withdrawn over allegations he was involved in enhanced interrogations of terror suspects during the administration of President George W. Bush.  As Obama's adviser on counter-terrorism, Brennan was placed in charge of the operation.
Civilian National Security Force
Obama has called for a domestic "Civilian National Security Force" to be "just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the United States military. (Video) By contrast, the U.S. Army alone has nearly 500,000 troops, not counting reserves or National Guard. In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion.
Rep. Bob Filner, a Democrat from California introduced H.R. 675, a backdoor spending bill that would amend title 10 of the United States Code and extend to civilian employees of the Department of Defense the authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms. The bill would amend the U.S. code with the following: “Sec. 1585b. Law enforcement officers of the Department of Defense: authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry firearms… for any offense against the United States.” The bill would define a “law enforcement officer of the Department of Defense” as “a civilian employee of the Department of Defense,” including federal police officers, detectives, criminal investigators, special agents, and game law enforcement officers classified by the Office of Personnel Management Occupational Series 0083. The United States Office of Personnel Management is described as an “independent agency” of the U.S. government that manages the civil service of the federal government.
The Department of Defense has issued Defense Directive 1404.10 (read PDF) that establishes a “DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce.” The Obama administration describes the Civilian Expeditionary Workforce as follows:
Members of the DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce shall be organized, trained, cleared, equipped, and ready to deploy in support of combat operations by the military; contingencies; emergency operations; humanitarian missions; disaster relief; restoration of order; drug interdiction; and stability operations of the Department of Defense in accordance with DoDD 3000.05.
Both H.R. 675 and the DoD Civilian Expeditionary Workforce directive will establish civilian “soft power” under the direction of the Pentagon. Alex Jones' Infowars.com site states, "Obama is now actively working to create a paramilitary 'civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded' as the military. In order to skirt Posse Comitatus, Obama’s paramilitary brownshirts will be organized and run out of the Office of Personnel Management with orders coming from the Pentagon."
Some critics have expressed concern over President Obama's intentions.
By act of Congress and the signature of President Obama, the eighth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks marked the first officially designated Patriot Day, a National Day of Service. The concept was championed by MyGoodDeed, an organization founded by family and friends of people killed in the attacks. The group's mission statement calls for honoring "the victims of 9/11 and those who rose to service in response to the attacks by encouraging" good deeds and various volunteer activities. A New York Post editorial alerted to the danger how
|“||Acts of kindness are easily distorted into propaganda, issues advocacy and attempts to redefine 9/11 for political purposes. This cheapening has already happened, and in the most inappropriate place - the White House.||”|
The Obama administration supports creating clean energy jobs in cities through a campaign called Green the Block, started by the groups Green For All and the Hip Hop Caucus. A video and statement are posted on the White House blog. Environmental Czar Van Jones, founder of Green for All, said 9/11 commemoration would be an opportunity to "connect, to find other people in your peer group who are also passionate about repowering America but also greening up America and cleaning up America." In 2004 Jones on behalf of his organization, the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, signed on to the conspiratorial 911 Truth organization  alleging a U.S. role in planning and executing the attacks.
barackobama.com, which now is "Organizing for America, the successor organization to Obama for America," carries an event described as follows:
PHONE CALLS ON 9/11 - Illinois! (Health Care Organizing Event)
What day? Our US Senators return to DC the Tues after Labor Day. That next FRIDAY, Sep 11, is Patriot Day, designated in memory of the nearly three thousand who died in the 9/11 attacks....according to a White House Adviser to the President with whom I spoke ten days ago at a DNC Panel, he said, "ON ONE DAY you 'burn-up' the Senate Switchboards - THE NEXT DAY you've got the Senator's attention". We will achieve that effect, on Friday, Patriot Day 9/11.
All 50 States are coordinating in this – as we fight back against our own Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists who are subverting the American Democratic Process, whipped to a frenzy by their Fox Propaganda Network ceaselessly re-seizing power for their treacherous leaders....
One week prior to the first Patriot Day and Green the Block action, President Obama's aides acknowledge the White House helped the U.S. Education Department craft a proposal for prekindergarten to sixth-grade students to write letters about "what they can do to help the president," and for students immediately after listening to a speech by the president to engage in a discussion about what "the president wants us to do." A curriculum was distributed nationwide by the Department of Education prior to Obama's presentation to students. Part of the exercise was to include teachers putting up “quotations” from Obama on the walls, and having the children making a “pledge” to do what they can to “serve” President Obama.
Retribution against perceived 'enemies'
President Obama rose to prominence as the Keynote speaker at the 2004 Democratic National Convention declaring in the speech,
|“||there's not a liberal America and a conservative America... there's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America. ... Do we participate in a politics of cynicism, or do we participate in a politics of hope? ||”|
President Obama told the corrupt, scandal ridden ACORN organization, an organization involved in human trafficking, the teenage sex trade, and ballot box stuffing initiatives on behalf of Democratic candidates,
|“||We're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda.||”|
Before suffering a resounding rebuke of his leadership, his party, and the progressive liberal ideology in the 2010 midterm elections, Mr. Obama urged partisan backers to exact revenge on their 'enemies'. The president suggested,
|“||We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends.||”|
In March 2009 the Obama administration announced it would send $50 million to the United Nations Population Fund, or UNFPA. UNPFA actively promotes abortion and is working closely with Chinese population control officials to implement China's forced abortion policy. The CCP's coercive one-child rule has resulted in forced abortions, involuntary sterilizations and other human rights abuses.
UNFPA officials work side-by-side their Chinese colleagues and even share the same offices.
In July 2009 the White House began soliciting from its immense social media networks and the general public that if they were to "see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org." Under the Privacy Act of 1974, which was passed after the Nixon administration used federal agencies to illegally investigate individuals for political purposes, prohibits any federal agency from maintaining records on individuals exercising their right to free speech.
Sen. John Cornyn of Texas stated in a letter to the White House, "I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed ‘fishy' or otherwise inimical to the White House's political interests." Congressman Darrell Issa also expressed grave concern about the administration blurring the lines between political and official business by collecting data on administration critics.
Data collection and privacy rights
In August 2009 it was reported the White House was soliciting bids to outsource a technology vendor to conduct a massive, secret effort to harvest personal information on millions of Americans from social networking websites of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Flickr and others – any space where the White House “maintains a presence.” The information to be captured includes comments, tag lines, emails, audio, and video.
Critics have charged the emerging pattern of information management and control as "yet another sign that this Administration is at best indifferent to privacy rights and at worst prepared to violate civil liberties for political purposes.
The Obama Justice Department has been accused of being "secretive, tyrannical, and oppressive" and compared with President George W. Bush, "even worse." As a candidate, Senator Obama lamented that the Bush Administration "invoked a legal tool known as the 'state secrets' privilege more than any other previous administration to get cases thrown out of civil court," however in a motion to dismiss Jewel v. NSA, the Electronic Frontier Foundation litigation against the National Security Agency for the warrantless wiretapping, the Obama Administration argued that the state secrets privilege requires the court to dismiss the issue out of hand. The Obama administration argued that simply allowing the case to continue "would cause exceptionally grave harm to national security." As in the past, this is a blatant ploy to dismiss the litigation without allowing the courts to consider the evidence.
The Obama Justice Department then argued that the U.S. Government is completely immune from litigation for illegal spying — that the Government can never be sued for surveillance that violates federal privacy statutes. Birch Bricker writing in the Auburn Journal then points out, "This is a radical assertion that is utterly unprecedented. No one — not the White House, not the Justice Department, not any member of Congress, and not the Bush Administration — has ever interpreted the law this way....The Obama Administration goes two steps further than Bush did, and claims that the US PATRIOT Act also renders the U.S. immune from suit under the two remaining key federal surveillance laws: the Wiretap Act and the Stored Communications Act. Essentially, the Obama Administration has claimed that the government cannot be held accountable for illegal surveillance under any federal statutes." 
As the Democratic candidate for president Obama pledged on numerous occasions to countless audiences closing the Guantanamo Bay Detention facility housing uncharged captured combatants in order to "regain America's moral stature in the world."  After assuming office, Obama made a budget request to transfer the detainees to the United States without specifying where the detainees would be held. The Democratic-controlled Congress repudiated Obama by denying funding for that transfer, and leaders from both parties spoke against it. Obama then endorsed indefinite detention without trial.
Obama has continued covert operations in Iran begun under President George W. Bush. Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh quotes numerous sources as saying that the U.S. Congress agreed to a Bush request in late 2007 to fund an escalation of covert operation in Iran. Hersh says those operations began as early as 2005. Bush signed a series of executive orders and findings [in late 2004] permitting the Pentagon to run clandestine, covert operations—operations which Americans go into countries under cover. Jeremy R. Hammond writes in the progressive website Foreign Policy Journal: "[G]iven the record of U.S. interference in the state affairs of Iran and clear policy of regime change, it certainly seems possible, even likely, that the U.S. had a significant role to play in helping to bring about the recent turmoil in an effort to undermine the government of the Islamic Republic.
According to Ken Timmerman, the executive director of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran ~ the Persian Service of Voice of America (VOA) clearly sided with Mir Hossein Mousavi against those dissident groups who wanted to boycott the election entirely, the position Timmerman favored. Timmerman saw the branding of Mousavi's "green revolution" as evidence that the US government was using its National Endowment for Democracy to support the former prime minister Mousavi. Post election violence claimed the lives of 69 people. Steve Weissman writes, "[O]ur opposition to [ Ahmadinejad ] does not justify meddling in another country's election while proclaiming "universal democratic values."
Eric Margolis, a columnist for Quebecor Media Company in Canada and a contributor to The Huffington Post, wrote: "While the majority of protests we see in Tehran are genuine and spontaneous, Western intelligence agencies and media are playing a key role in sustaining the uprising and providing communications, including the newest electronic method, via Twitter. These are covert techniques developed by the US during recent revolutions in Ukraine and Georgia that brought pro-US governments to power."
China and Tibet
On Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's first official visit to China, the Secretary told Chinese leaders the Obama administration considered human rights concerns secondary to economic survival and asked the CCP leaders for help financing President Obama's massive $787 economic stimulus plan by buying US Treasury securities.
The Dalai Lama, often portrayed as a religious leader, was made Tibetan head of state in 1950, the same year that China invaded and annexed Tibet. CNN reports the Chinese find it "unacceptable when they see the Dalai Lama treated as a VIP, or even akin to a head of state."
After the Dalai Lama met with President Obama in February, 2010 he was unceremoniously escorted through a side door that trash is regularly carried out to a photo op with awaiting camaras.
Identity liberty vs belief liberty
Prof. Chai Feldblum, a Georgetown University law professor nominated by President Barack Hussein Obama to serve on the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, has declared society should “come down on the side” of homosexual equality at the expense of religious liberty. Feldblum reasoned the conflict between the two is “irreconcilable,” religious liberty—also called "belief liberty"—must be placed second to the “identity liberty” of homosexuals.
Feldblum published her beliefs in an article entitled “Moral Conflict and Liberty: Gay Rights and Religion” in the Brooklyn Law Review in 2006. Feldblum recognizes that elements of the homosexual agenda may infringe on Americans’ religious liberties. “Protecting one group’s identity liberty may, at times, require that we burden others’ belief liberty. This is an inherent and irreconcilable reality of our complex society,” Feldblum wrote.
Privacy and government surveilance
The Cybersecurity Act of 2009 would give the administration authority to conduct warrant-less spying and dictatorial power over Internet.
- Section 215 -- drastically broadens the kinds of information the government can demand under Foreign Intelligence Security Act to "any tangible thing" while lowering the burden of proof to obtain such an order. According to the Washington Post this measure "allows investigators probing terrorism to seek a suspect's records from third parties such as financial services and travel and telephone companies without notifying the suspect. The American Civil Liberties Union has criticized the provision, saying it violates the First Amendment rights of U.S. citizens."
- Section 206—grants the authority to use secret "roving wiretaps." "In the past, authorities had to seek court approval for each electronic device carried by a suspect, from a cellphone and a BlackBerry to a home computer," writes the Post, "But under the provision, one warrant can cover all of those machines." "Unlike roving wiretaps authorized for criminal investigations," the ACLU explains, "section 206 does not require the order to identify either the communications device to be tapped nor the individual against whom the surveillance is directed, which is what gives section 206 the Kafkaesque moniker, the "John Doe roving wiretap provision."
- Section 6001—or the "lone wolf" provision, which allows for secret FISA surveillance orders against people who have no connections to a terror group or foreign nation. "The government justified this provision by imagining a hypothetical "lone wolf," an international terrorist operating independently of any terrorist organization," explains the ACLU, "but there is little evidence to suggest this imaginary construct had any basis in reality."
Rod Beckstrom, formerly in charge of coordinating the US government’s cyber-security operations, in a resignation letter to Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, cited the expanded control over the nation’s computer security efforts poses “threats to our democratic processes.” 
- Understanding Obamunism by Mark Noonan on June 22, 2009.
- Human Rights According To Obamunism, Weekly Standard, Rachel Abrams, January 15, 2010.
- Communism in Hawaii and the Obama Connection, Cliff Kincaid and Herbert Romerstein.
- Communism in Chicago and the Obama Connection, Cliff Kincaid and Herbert Romerstein.
- Obama administration fiscal policy
- Obama administration monetary policy
- Obama administration corporate bailouts
- Barack Obama and uncharitableness
- Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- Crony capitalism
- Obamunism, Inc.
- Is the government creating a bailout bubble?
- Top Contributors to Barack Obama, 2008 Cycle
- Political Connections and Corporate Bailouts
- Monetary Policy-Not Obama's Stimulus-Is What Needs Watching
- Bam’s Wise Words, New York Post
- Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures, Heritage Foundation
- Americans Live in a Fascist State - Russia Today Interviews Gerald Celente
- MURPHY: Setting the stage for stagflation, Washington Times
- Census Director to Work Directly with White House, By Philip Rucker Washington Post, February 5, 2009.
- White House Census Power Grab May Violate the Constitution, Michael Barone, US News and World Report, February 09, 2009.
- White House grabs 2010 census power, By Drew Zahn, WorldNetDaily, February 07, 2009.
- Tower Commission Report (Report of the President's Special Review Board). February 26, 1987. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC 20402. 
- Tower Commission Report (Report of the President's Special Review Board). February 26, 1987. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington DC 20402, p. 13.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 62.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 63.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 93.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 92.
- Beyond a Government of Strangers: How Career Executives and Political Appointees Can Turn Conflict to Cooperation, Robert Maranto, Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. (May 2005), p. 89. ISBN 9780739110904
- Obama White House v. CIA; Panetta Threatened to Quit Tensions Lead to CIA Director's "Screaming Match" at the White House, Matthew Cole, Richard Espisito, and Brian Ross, ABC News, August 24, 2009.
- White House To Oversee New Interrogation Team, Dina Temple-Raston, NPR August 24, 2009.
- New Unit to Question Key Terror Suspects - Move Shifts Interrogation Oversight From the CIA to the White House, Anne E. Kornblut, Washington Post, August 24, 2009.
- Final Report of the Independent Counsel for Iran/Contra Matters. Lawrence E. Walsh. Washington, D.C. August 4, 1993. Part III The Operational Conspiracy: A Legal Analysis. Page 55. Walsh cites 50 U.S.C. 402(c) and 50 U.S.C. 403(a),(d). Footnote 50 includes "emphasis added".
- Full Circle: Move to Shift Interrogations Away From CIA Draws Pre-Sept. 11 Comparisons, FOXNews, August 27, 2009.
- National Security Council Reloaded, J. E. Dyer, Commentary blog, 08.25.2009.
- Tower Commission Report, p. 13.
- ACLU Urges Congress to Examine White House National Security Council as Central Decision-Maker on Torture, ACLU Press Release, (6/10/2008).
- John Brennan for CIA? Think Again, Scott Horton, Harper's Magazine, November 24, 2008.
- What's Behind Brennan's Withdrawal? Some former spies say left-leaning bloggers and columnists drove John Brennan out of consideration for CIA director, Shane Harris, National Journal Magazine, Dec. 6, 2008.
- Obama's 'civilian national security force', James Farah, WorldNetDaily.com, July 15, 2008.
- H.R. 675: Building Obama’s Civilian National Security Force, Kurt Nimmo, Infowars, June 23, 2009.
- Georgia congressman warns of Obama dictatorship, Bob Evans, Breitbart.com, Nov 10 2008.
- Keep faith with 9/11: Official observances must not obscure day's true meaning, Editorial, New York Daily News, Sunday, August 30th 2009.
- Respected Leaders and Families Launch 9/11 Truth Statement Demanding Deeper Investigation into the Events of 9/11
- The Radicalization of Obama's 'Green Czar', FoxNews, September 04, 2009.
- Organizing for America About OFA
- White House withdraws call for students to 'help' Obama, Matthew Mosk, The Washington Times, September 3, 2009.
- Transcript: Illinois Senate Candidate Barack Obama, Washington Post
- Sen. Al Franken (D., ACORN), National Review
- (2010) Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies. Regnery Publishing, 259. ISBN 978-1596986206.
- For Mr. Obama, a rebuke and a chance to right himself, Washington Post
- The great campaign of 2010, Washington Post
- Obama's message for the day after, Washington Post
- Did the President of the United States Describe Some Americans as Enemies?, National Review
- Obama to Latinos: "Punish" Your "Enemies" in the Voting Booth, Weekly Standard
- Group Confirms Obama Would Fund Forced Abortions if UNFPA Money Restored, by Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com Editor, November 12, 2008.
- Obama Administration Announces $50 Million for Pro-Forced Abortion UNFPA, by Steven Ertelt, LifeNews.com Editor, March 26, 2009.
- Facts Are Stubborn Things, White House
- Congressman: Obama wants Gestapo-like force, MSNBC
- White House Move to Collect 'Fishy' Info May Be Illegal, FoxNews, August 07, 2009
- Snitch List to be Released in 2018 (or 2022)?, Weekly Standard
- Sen. Cornyn Sends Letter To President Obama About "Fishy" Activities Program, Office of Senator John Cornyn
- Issa’s Onto Something, National Review
- Obama White House Has Secret Plan To Harvest Personal Data From Social Networking Websites, Ken Boehm, 08/31/2009.
- Obama Actually Manages to Make the Patriot Act WORSE than Under Bush, DONE, April 14, 2009,
- It's Actually Possible... The Patriot Act Gets Worse, Auburn Journal, 4/12/09.
- 60 Minutes: Obama Reiterates Promise To Close Guantanamo Bay, 60 Minutes
- Democrats in Senate Block Money to Close Guantánamo, The New York Times
- Obama Endorses Indefinite Detention Without Trial for Some, Peter Finn, Washington Post, May 22, 2009.
- Reports Suggest Obama Faces Early Choice On Iran Covert Ops By Ron Synovitz, January 13, 2009.
- Iranian reformists claim 69 dead in post-election violence, By Nasser Karimi, The Associated Press, 08/12/2009.
- Halt Cheney's And Now Obama's Covert Iran Operations by Allen L Roland, Salon.com, June 19, 2009.
- Hillary Clinton: Chinese human rights secondary to economic survival, Richard Spencer, Daily Telegraph, 20 Feb 2009.
- Clinton wraps Asia trip by asking China to buy US debt, Breitbart.com, Feb 22 2009.
- Analysis: Why the Dalai Lama angers China, Jaime FlorCruz, CNN Beijing Bureau Chief, February 18, 2010.
- Obama’s EEOC Nominee: Society Should ‘Not Tolerate Private Beliefs’ That ‘Adversely Affect’ Homosexuals, Matt Cover, CNSNews, January 18, 2010.
- Military burns Bibles sent to Afghanistan, UPI, May 20, 2009.
- Is the Military Supposed to Burn Bibles?, by Robert Maginnism, Human Events, 05/26/2009.
- Should Obama Control the Internet?, Mother Jones, April 2, 2009.
- Letter from Rod Beckstrom to Janet Napolitano, Wall Street Journal, March 9, 2009.
- U.S. cybersecurity head quits, citing growing role of spy agencies, Shaun Waterman, UPI, March 11, 2009.
Articles on Obama administration monetary policy:
- Fed’s Treasury Purchases March 2009 to July 2009
- Federal Reserve is Printing Money: Prepare for Hyper-Inflation August 13, 2009
- Monetary Policy — Not Obama's Stimulus—Is What Needs Watching
- Printing money is not the cure
2009 Obama Administration Monetary Policy Videos:
- Glenn Beck on Printing Money
- Ron Paul, Glenn Beck & Company: Monetizing the Debt - The Truth
- Peter Schiff - Impending hyperinflation
- Inflation Is Going To Increase Very Substantially As A Result Of Money Printing May 30, 2009
- $78.8 Trillion; United States Debt Obligations exceed world GDP; Monetary Collapse Looming? February 16, 2009
2008 Obama Administration Monetary Policy Videos
- Peter Schiff - Obama = print print print print print - November 6, 2008
2009 Articles on Obama administration fiscal policy:
- Bam's Wise Words - New York Post, May 17, 2009
- Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures - Heritage Foundation, March 24, 2009
2009 Videos on Obama administration fiscal policy:
- Over 200 top economist against the Obama plan
- Obamanomics 101 - Obama's Real Fiscal Policy
- America, we must find a new fiscal policy
- Stop Spending Our Future
- Obama Deficit Dishonesty?
- $78.8 Trillion; United States Debt Obligations exceed world GDP; Monetary Collapse Looming? February 16, 2009