Operating system kernel
Prescient Quotes on Kernel-Level Operating System Surveillance
- "The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wiretapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Tails Anonymous Secure Operating System
- Apple Computer MacOS for Apple Macintosh
- Mobile devices: Smartphones and tablets
- Apple iOS for iPhone-iPod-iPad
- Microsoft Windows Phone with Windows 8
- Censorship: Tools of censorship, Censorability, Fairness Doctrine, Liberal censorship, Media censorship
- The Perpetual War: War on Drugs, War on Terror and the Police state
- Domestic Mass Surveillance of Law-Abiding Citizens: via Utah Data Center, PRISM, NSA-DHS-BATF-FBI-CIA and other Intelligence agencies' Computer surveillance, Eavesdropping, Data mining, Spyware, Wiretap - Roving wiretap, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, NSA warrantless surveillance controversy, National security letter, Patriot Act, NDAA, Executive Orders, United States Census, Common Core, "Stasi"-like secret police "If You See Something, Say Something" informants, and other exponential expansion of the Police State
- Asset Forfeiture: Confiscation for Police budget deficit via RICO
- Mililtarization of Police: SWAT and Pre-dawn No-knock raids, Sneak and peek warrant
- War on Drugs: Addiction and Drug trafficking of the Drug cartels, Mafia, Gangs, Drug dealers, Hollywood values - Fashion industry values - Public school values - Professor values
- Computer Crime and Cyberwarfare:
- Dangers of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, Yahoo
- Big Government: ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-National Socialist-Communist
- Liberal Totalitarianism
- Security Software and Security-Focused Operating Systems to protect unalienable Fifth Amendment - Fourth Amendment Right to Privacy (Internet privacy, Information privacy, Expectation of privacy) and Second Amendment - First Amendment (Freedom of information and Political freedom) rights against unconstitutional Gun control - Internet censorship Big government Police state, hackers, and "all enemies, foreign and domestic" of American liberty.
- Anonymity with Tails Operating System: Linux-based with Tor (anonymity network), Firefox Iceweasel browser, HTTPS Everywhere encryption
- Prism-Break.org: Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, ECHELON, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open Source Free software not over-priced tracking by Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Privacy Search Engines: Duck Duck Go and Ixquick: Privacy-oriented Search engines instead of tracking by Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Internet Anonymity - Right to be forgotten Pseudonymity (Pseudonym) using Anonymous web browsing with Tails and VPN (Virtual Private Network), HMA, OpenVPN and IPsec , Proxy servers, Anonymizer (Anonymous proxies)
- Mozilla Firefox with Browser extensions instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari (web browser) and Opera (web browser)
- Ad Filtering (Privacy mode and Adblock Plus or Ghostery) to stop Ad tracking - Website visitor tracking via Geolocation, Geotargeting, Personally identifiable information and Device fingerprints
- Internet Safety, Computer Security via Password strength and Password managers via KeePass or LastPass and Antivirus-Firewall
- Secure Communication:
- E-mail Privacy and Email Encryption: Claws Mail or Enigmail or Kontact using Hushmail or MyKolab, Anonymous remailer, instead of tracking by Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird using Yahoo! Mail, Gmail iCloud
- Secure Messaging and Off-the-Record Messaging via I2P Instant messaging, Cryptocat, Bitmessage instead of Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, Internet Relay Chat, Google Plus, Facebook
- Silent Phone with Silent Circle instead of Android or iPhone Smartphone
- OPSEC: "Loose lips sink ships"
- Encryption: Encryption software, Disk encryption software, LUKS or TrueCrypt instead of Microsoft BitLocker, PGP and GNU Privacy Guard, Data encryption, Public-key encryption, Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Steganography
- Peer-to-Peer: Sneakernet, Friend-to-friend, Darknet (file sharing), Anonymous P2P instead of BitTorrent
- Deep Web - Dark Internet: Tor, AmRD, Tor2web, The Hidden Wiki, Anonymous blog
- Cryptocurrency-Digital Currency-Alternative Currency-Virtual Currency: Bitcoin and Hard money-Precious metals-Tangibles versus PayPal, Credit cards and inflation-prone U.S. Dolars: Federal Reserve System's Keynesian economics Ponzi scheme of Quantitative easing-Debt monetization devaluation of Fiat currency through Money supply-Treasury bills bought mostly by China and Japan
- Privacy Resources:
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party - Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- How to Be Invisible - Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life, by J. J. Luna
- Electronic Frontier Foundation and Electronic Privacy Information Center, Oath Keepers, Judicial Watch
- Freedom of Information Act, Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and Privacy Act of 1974
- Edward J. Snowden Revelations of unconstitutional domestic spying on law-abiding American citizens; GlobaLeaks
- Crypto-libertarianism Limited government implies:
- Conservative values, American values - Small town values, American Patriots and Bill of Rights liberty
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/02/12/amrd-t-a-i-l-s-plastic-gloves-for-your-computer-american-redoubt - Tails operating system
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/01/29/amrd-introducing-the-tor-browser-bundle/ - Tor browser
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora."
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"
- Online Guide to Privacy Resources
- http://www.nocards.org - Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical. We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services."
- ↑ "Organization formed in 1990 to maintain and enhance intellectual freedom, privacy, and other values of civil liberties and democracy in networked communications. Publishes newsletters, Internet Guidebooks and other documents, provides mailing lists and other online forums, and hosts a large electronic document archive. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-1914. Tel: (415) 436-9333. Fax: (415) 436-9993. Executive Director: Sheryl Steele."
- ↑ "EPIC was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging privacy issues relating to the National Information Infrastructure, such as the Clipper Chip, the Digital Telephony proposal, medical records privacy and the sale of consumer data. EPIC conducts litigation, sponsors conferences, produces reports, publishes the EPIC Alert and leads campaigns on privacy issues. For more information email: email@example.com, or contact EPIC, 1718 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20009. Tel: (202) 483-1140. Executive Director: Marc Rotenberg."
- ↑ "CAUCE is an all volunteer, entirely web-based organization, created by Netizens to advocate for a legislative solution to the problem of UCE (spam). CAUCE began as a discussion group called SPAM-LAW, formed of members who felt that legislation was necessary to stop spam from choking the life out of the Internet. In 1997 CAUCE proposed an amendment to the Federal statute which outlaws junk "faxes" (47 USC 227) to also prohibit junk e-mail, and since then has remained a pre-eminent voice in the anti-spam community. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. President: Edward Cherlin."