The Ottawa Senators are a professional hockey team based in Ottawa, Ontario. The Senators joined the NHL in the expansion of 1992, although the team was named after an earlier group of "Ottawa Senators" which played from 1893 to 1934. During this time the Senators won 10 Stanley Cups. The Senators play in the Northeast Division of the Eastern Conference at Scotiabank Place, formerly the Corel Center, in the suburb of Kanata. The modern Senators (also known to their fans as "The Sens") have not won the Stanley Cup yet but in 2007 won the Prince of Wales Trophy for winning in the Eastern Conference and have not missed the playoffs in 10 years.
Owner: Eugene Melnyk, since 2003.
President: Roy Mlakar, since 1996.
General Manager: Bryan Murray, since 2007.
Assistant GM: Tim Murray, since 2007.
Head Coach: Craig Hartsburg, since 2008.
- 31 Alex Auld
- 17 Filip Kuba
- 55 Brian Lee
- 21 Jason Smith
- 58 Cody Bass
- 48 Danny Bois
- 89 Mike Comrie
- 12 Mike Fisher
- 71 Nick Foligno
- 15 Dany Heatley
- 22 Chris Kelly
- 25 Chris Neil
- 73 Jarkko Ruutu
- 26 Ryan Shannon
- 19 Jason Spezza
- 53 Ilya Zubov
- Points: Spezza - 92
- Goals: Heatley - 41
- Assists: Spezza - 58
- Penalty Minutes: Neil - 199
- Goals Against: Gerber - 2.72
List of numbers retired by the team or NHL:
8 - Frank Finnigan
99 - Wayne Gretzky
- ↑ http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=Tea_OfficeStaff
- ↑ http://senators.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=Tea_hockeyCoaches
- ↑ http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standings?season=2008&group=division&order=false&seasontype=2&standType=standings
- ↑ http://www.nhl.com/cup/series/seriesb_index.html
- ↑ http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/stats?team=ott&season=2008&seasonType=2&split=0&type=reg
- ↑ http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nhl/ottawa/ottsenators.html
Team's Official Website