PRISM is a (formerly secret) program of the National Security Agency and the FBI to "tap directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs". Discovery of the program, intended to track foreign targets, dismayed some Americans concerned that it might be used for domestic political advantage. Some others worried that its effectiveness in countering anti-US espionage or terrorism, might be diminished.
The documents detailing this leak were released by Edward J. Snowden, a former defense contractor, and IT specialist on June 6th, 2013, after the whistle blower informed The Guardian newspaper of the UK. The documents leaked included a 41 slide PowerPoint presentation on the mechanisms and morally questionable motives of PRISM. The documents also revealed the identities of the various companies actively releasing user information to the United States government.
The leak of PRISM resulted almost immediately in outrage from various countries. From the Netherlands, Sophie in 't Veld, MeP, called it a violation of International law. Sharp criticisms of hypocrisy came from the People's Republic of China, claiming that while the United States accused China of espionage, the United States was conducting global espionage on a massive scale. The German Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information has decried the program as "monstrous", and even the United Kingdom has stated it has concerns about the legality, and scope of Prism.
- Perpetual War on Drugs, War on Terror and the Police state
- Patriot Act - NDAA
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Wikileaks and Julian Assange - Australian leftist hacker
- Bradley Manning - Homosexual Traitor of State secrets
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Youtube, Yahoo
- NSA and other intelligence mass surveillance: PRISM.
- Big government ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism
- Unalienable rights of the Bill of Rights: First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Fifth Amendment
- Right to Privacy and Common law privacy rights
- Conservative values and Libertarian American values of Limited government and liberty
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Encryption: Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Data encryption-Public-key encryption
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open source Free software not Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Tails operating system and Tor browser
- Duck Duck Go search engine instead of Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party a.k.a.Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Edward J. Snowden
- Libertarian values and Conservative values/Traditional values are the original American Patriot values
- American values and Small town values of Real America
- Capitalism and Free enterprise
- Family values and Parental rights: Sanctity of life, Family-Marriage, Homeschooling teaching Virtue, Duty, and Self-reliance
- ↑ U.S., British intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program, Washington Post, June 6-7, 2013
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/02/12/amrd-t-a-i-l-s-plastic-gloves-for-your-computer-american-redoubt - Tails operating system
- https://charlescarrollsociety.com/2014/01/29/amrd-introducing-the-tor-browser-bundle/ - Tor browser
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora."
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"
- Online Guide to Privacy Resources
- http://www.nocards.org - Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found