- Madam, I'm Adam
- Madam, in Eden I'm Adam
- A man, a plan, a canal, Panama
- Lived on Decaf, faced no Devil
- Star buttons, not tub rats
- Able was I, ere I saw Elba.
- Sit on a potato pan, Otis
- No, sir, away! A papaya war is on!
- Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas
- Nelli plaatst op 'n parterretrap 'n pot staalpillen (Dutch: Nelli places a jar of iron pills on the downfloor stairs)
- Lladd dafad ddall (Welsh: Kill a blind sheep)
- No devil lived on
- Evil odes or prose do live
- Roman grafitto found in Herculaneum which also forms a word square.