Party for Freedom
The party aims to stop immigration, lower taxes, create stricter laws against criminals and terrorists and create basic laws for animal rights.
Because of his outspoken views on radical Islam, PVV leader Wilders is under 24-7 police protection:
- In November 2004, "a Muslim fanatic murdered Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh for making a movie about the abuse of women under Islam".
In the 2017 elections, although the PVV did not achieve a massive victory as hoped, it saw a rise in votes at the same time when establishment parties either declined or collapsed. Establishment "conservative" [in-name-only] Prime Minister Mark Rutte and several political parties did shift their stances to the political Right in order to attract voters who would otherwise have supported Wilders. Rutte's diplomatic battle with Turkey just before the election served as an example of this.
- http://www.pvv.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=15&Itemid=5 PVV Fractie
- http://www.pvv.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=788&Itemid=139 PVV Visie
- Resisting threat of fanatical Islam: West must not surrender permanent liberty for temporary tolerance - Geert Wilders, The Washington Times
- Lane, Oliver JJ (March 15, 2017). Dutch Elections: Pyrrhic Victory As Mainstream Party Clings to Power. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Dutch PM Rutte issues open letter wooing right-wing voters. Deutsche Welle. January 23, 2017. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Harris, Chris (March 16, 2017). Five takeaways from the Netherlands' election. Euronews. Retrieved March 16, 2017.
- Pieters, Janene (March 15, 2017). Row With Turkey will Boost Support for PM Rutte in Dutch Election: Analysis. nltimes.nl. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Official website (In Dutch)