Pizzagate is an often dismissed conspiracy theory involving powerful Democrats, alleged occult practices and child-sex slave trade. The theory is based on the assumption that the John Podesta emails released by Wikileaks are coded messages rather than plain text.  The word "pizza" appears regularly in the emails, and conspiracy investigators claim that "pizza" is a code word to describe child sex. The Comet Ping Pong pizza establishment in Washington DC is alleged to be at the center or the front group in an underground network that involves John Podesta and Hillary Clinton. Comet Ping Pong is owned by James Alefantis. Due to his extensive connections to the political class, this pizza store owner was named one of the 50 most powerful people in Washington, D.C. by GQ Magazine in 2012. Theorists directed attention to Alefantis' social media account from Instagram, no longer available to the public, which he had posted many disturbing photos of children, with lewd comments and much disturbing exotic adult art.  Many unsubstantiated accusations are leveled such as claims that the basement of Comet Ping Pong was the site for this illicit activity. However, Comet Ping Pong has no basement or underground tunnel systems. Also, the direction of conspiracy tends to drag in claims that the Podesta brothers were behind the abduction of Madeleine McCann.
The major news organizations have looked into the story and dismissed all allegations as false, fake news  and law enforcement's involvement has centered upon the self-appointed Pizzagate theorists who have drawn complaints from the neighborhood.  However, citizen journalists have attempted to document the allegations surrounding Pizzagate. The hashtag #Pizzagate can be frequently found on Twitter. Prolific users on Twitter that fuel the Pizzagate tweets are indefinitely banned. Also, the sub-Reddit r/PizzaGate was banned. This was quickly re-established on Voat.co as v/Pizzagate. #PIZZAGATE remains an active Youtube channel with about 6000 subscribers.
Alleged code words: “hot dog” = boy; “pizza” = girl; “cheese” = little girl; “pasta” = little boy; “ice cream” = male prostitute; “walnut” or “nuts” = person of color; “map” = semen; “sauce” = orgy.
Armed assault on Comet Ping Pong
On December 5, 2016, Edgar M. Welch, 28, of Salisbury, N.C., traveled to Comet Ping Pong to rescue the victims imprisoned in the basement of the restaurant. He entered the restaurant shortly before 3 p.m. with a rifle and fired it at least once inside, the police said. Welch demanded access to the basement, which does not exist. Welch was apprehended by the police and charged.
- Fox News Interviews James Alefantis (Comet Ping Pong Owner)
- FBI:Violent Crimes Against Children/Online Predators
- FBI Pedophile Symbols
- The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up
- DC PizzaGate: A Primer
- Massive Cover-Up of Pizzagate Child Sex Ring Allegations
- PizzaGate hashtag at Gab.ai
- PizzaGate hashtag at Twitter
- Link to a political cartoon by Ben Garrison 'New Brooms Sweep Clean'
- RE: headcount for pizza
- Re: Farmers L Update and Welcome Mat
- Re: Did you leave a handkerchief
- James Alefantis aka Jimmy Comet on social media
- Kang, Cecilia. "Fake News Onslaught Targets Pizzeria as Nest of Child-Trafficking", New York Times, Nov. 21, 2016. Retrieved on April 10, 2017.
- Atlanta CBS News Ben Swann does a "Reality Check" on Pizzagate
- Lipton, Eric. "Man Motivated by ‘Pizzagate’ Conspiracy Theory Arrested in Washington Gunfire", New York Times, Dec. 5, 2016. Retrieved on April 10, 2017.