Post sexual harassment allegations against Lawrence Krauss and David Silverman, searches for atheism related topics have dropped markedly
- 1 Atheism and agnosticism related searches in the United States - Google trends
- 2 Atheism and agnosticism related searches in the world - Google trend data
- 3 Prominent atheist men and misogyny
- 4 Richard Dawkins' loss of influence post Elevatorgate controversy
- 5 Internet atheism statistics
- 6 See also
- 7 References
Prominent atheist men and misogyny
James Randi is a prominent atheist. Brian Thompson, former James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) Outreach Coordinator, wrote:
|“|| But I no longer identify with this community of benevolent know-it-alls, because not all of them are the best folks in the world. In fact, a good percentage of the top ten worst humans I’ve ever met are prominent members of the skeptics’ club. They’re dishonest, mean-spirited, narcissistic, misogynistic. Pick a personality flaw, and I can probably point you to someone who epitomizes it. And that person has probably had a speaking slot at a major skeptical conference.
I grew particularly disgusted with the boys’ club attitude I saw among skeptical leaders and luminaries. The kind of attitude that’s dismissive of women, sexually predatory, and downright gross. When I first started going to skeptical conferences as a fresh-faced know-it-all, I started hearing things about people I once admired. Then I started seeing things myself. Then I got a job with the JREF, and the pattern continued.
Richard Dawkins' loss of influence post Elevatorgate controversy
On what not to ask new atheist Richard Dawkins
Recently, a prospective Australian television interviewer was told that if he was granted an interview by the new atheist Richard Dawkins, he must not bring up Lawrence Krauss or the me too movement. The interviewer told Dawkins to buzz off (See: ON RICHARD DAWKINS TELLING ME WHAT NOT TO ASK).
Internet atheism statistics
Google trends data - searches of atheism and agnosticism terms
- Lawrence Krauss sent on paid leave by Arizona University in wake of harassment allegations, The Australian, 2018
- This Firebrand Atheist Was Just Fired After Allegations Of Financial Conflicts And Sexual Assault
- Myers, P. Z. (March 31, 2014). "When will this situation improve?". Freethoughtblogs.com/Pharyngula.