Previous Breaking News/Republicans
This page contains the items that were once on the "Breaking News" section of the Main Page. The articles are mainly about Republicans.
- Karl Rove announces his resignation!!!! The architect of the Republican Party for the past 7 years is stepping aside, further opening up the 2008 presidential race.
- Young Conservatives Dump Republican Politicians For Columnists, Talk Show Stars 
- GOP 'Obstruction' Highlighted in 'Harry Potter' Video. In a YouTube video promoted by the liberal organization Campaign for America's Future (CAF), "White House advisor Karl Rove is "Lord Rovemort," scheming to undermine the efforts of Senate Majority Leader Harry Potter - er, Reid - to highlight Republican 'obstruction' in Congress". CNSNews story YouTube Video
- When the Democrats practiced obstruction in President Bush's first term in office, the liberals at MoveOn.org defended their position: "labelling filibusters as anti-democratic ignores the fact that on some occasions, a minority of senators may actually speak for the majority of the populace, making filibusters a stop-gap against policy-making that does not represent these interests". The Liberals message is a double standard: In 2003 when Republicans are in power, It's ok for the Democratic minority to obstruct, but in 2007 when the Democrats are in power, how dare the Republican minority object. 
- More People See Hillary Clinton in the News Than Any GOP Presidential Candidate NewsBusters 
- A leading member of America's Democratic Party, New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, apologizes for how his office misused state police "in a plot to smear the governor's political nemesis, Republican Senate Majority Leader." 
- Harris Poll gives Thompson edge over Giuliani for the American Republican Party's presidential nomination. 
- 14% of Americans give the new Democratic Congress positive rating—nine points below Republican Party Congress last October. Zogby Poll
- In the United States, 113 Democrats and 196 Republicans joined to deny funds used to re-impose the equal-time "Fairness Doctrine". The maintream media didn't like that news and chose to ignore it. Fairness Doctrine Loses Big in the House, Media Mum
- Paul Nowak has a great cartoon that satirizes Liberal paranoia of talk radio. 
- D.R. Tucker of the conservative American newspaper Human Events says "... it is the Republican Party, not the Democrat Party, that actually embraces Dr. Martin Luther King's vision."
Mr Tucker also states "... Conservatives believe that the GOP's Republican Party's commitment to racial equality is a self-evident truth..." and that "... the Democrat Party is seen as pro-racial equality despite its support for politically expedient forms of discrimination.