Most Rapes by Country
Crime statistics of rapes per 1,000 people by country. 
- South Africa: 1.19538
- Seychelles: 0.788294
- Australia: 0.777999
- Montserrat: 0.749384
- Canada: 0.733089
- Jamaica: 0.476608
- Zimbabwe: 0.457775
- Dominica: 0.34768
- United States: 0.301318
- Iceland: 0.246009
- United Kingdom: 0.142172
- Spain: 0.140403
- France: 0.139442
- Korea, South: 0.12621
Punishment for rape
The Old Testament lists several punishments for rape, such as:
- If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)
This is generally interpreted as meaning laying an obligation on the rapist rather than on the young woman: she can refuse him, even after he pays the modern equivalent of a $60,000 penalty.
Atheism and rape
See also: Atheism and rape
Atheism offers no condemnation of rape and it provides no moral basis for a society to attempt to prevent and deter rape. Western atheists often assert there are no absolutes in morality and argue for moral relativism (see: Atheism and morality).
|“||When considering any and every atheist condemnation of any action whatsoever it is of primary importance to keep in mind that they are expressing personal opinions about the act(s) they are condemning. They are merely telling you their personal preferences in the form of morality borrowed from the Judeo-Christian worldview. They are piling unfounded assertion, upon unfounded assertion, upon unfounded assertion, and building a tel of arguments from outrage, arguments from personal incredulity, arguments for embarrassment, etc.||”|
Christian apologist Kyle Butt wrote: "In fact, in my debate with Dan Barker, Barker admitted that fact, and stated that under certain circumstances, rape would be a moral obligation (Butt and Barker, 2009)" (see: Atheist Dan Barker Says Child Rape Could Be Moral).
TheAmazingAtheist is YouTube's most subscribed to YouTube channel produced by an atheist and as of February of 2012 it had over 280,000 subscribers. In 2012, he viciously told a rape victim "you deserved it" and told her that her rapist "deserved a medal". He also told her that she should try to relive the rape in her mind.
- ↑ The various definitions of rape range from the broad (coercing an individual to engage in any sexual act) to the specific (forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse). Rape and sexual assault
- ↑ http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/////abstract/cvus/definitions.htm
- ↑ Crime Statistics > Rapes NationMaster.com
- ↑ http://www.truefreethinker.com/articles/atheism-bible-rape-evilbiblecom-and-dan-barker-part-1-6
- ↑ http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=12&article=2333