Ray Comfort (born December 5, 1949) is a leading Christian apologist. He has written large numbers of books on evolution and theology, including Evolution: A Fairy Tale for Grownups, and How to Know God Exists: Scientific Proof of God. His latest book, You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think knocked Richard Dawkins' book The God Delusion off the number 1 spot in the atheism category at Amazon.com. He has also written a foreword to Darwin's On the Origin of Species. Since then, certain atheists have shown their bias against him by writing negative reviews of the books, even though most of them have never read them.
Comfort's films have been endorsed by numerous prominent Christian leaders, and he has a particularly close relationship with Christian apologist and Answers in Genesis president Ken Ham. On October 22, 2016, his film The Atheist Delusion premiered at the Ark Encounter, run by AiG.
The Atheist Delusion film documentary
See also: The Atheist Delusion
The documentary primarily uses the teleological argument for the existence of God and focuses on the complexity of DNA which has been called the "book of life". Comfort argues that just as printed books are intelligently designed, DNA is likewise designed.
Comfort also uses the argument from beauty in the movie and the movie features nature photos.
In 2011, Ray made a short documentary on abortion and the Holocaust called 180. In it, he expressed concern that a generation was forgetting the existence of Adolf Hitler and his actions. The documentary included street interviews with people who were asked on their thoughts of the Holocaust. After hearing their reasons, Ray went on to ask the people's views on abortion. By demonstrating people's inconsistencies in their reasoning, he persuaded some of them to change their minds and oppose it. The documentary won a 2011 Telly Bronze Award for film/video.
- How to Win Souls and Influence People
- How To Know God Exists: Scientific Proof Of God
- You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think (2009)
- Evolution: A Fairy Tale for Grownups (2008)
- God Doesn't Believe in Atheists (1993)
- Hitler, God, and the Bible (2012), with Tim LaHaye
- The Secrets of Nostradamus Exposed (1995)
- True Fiction (1999)
- The Way of the Master series (2003–14)
- 180: Changing the Heart of a Nation (2011)
- Genius (2012)
- Evolution vs. God: Shaking the Foundations of Faith (2013)
- Noah and the Last Days (2014)
- Audacity (2015)
- The Atheist Delusion (2016)
- Ham, Ken (October 26, 2016). Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion Premieres at Ark Encounter. Answers in Genesis. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-atheist-delusion-is-most-persuasive-answer-to-atheists-ever-put-on-film-164860/ 'The Atheist Delusion' Is Most Persuasive Answer to Atheists Ever Put on Film, Matt Barber, The Christian Post
- The Atheist Delusion - YouTube
- http://heartchanger.com/faq.php Project Heart Changer - Frequently Asked Questions