Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a Turkish politician, a former mayor of Istanbul, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey from 14 March 2003 to 28 August 2014 and president since 2014. He is also the chairman of the Justice and Development Party (AK Parti), which holds a majority of the seats in the Turkish Parliament.
During a visit in the Gaza Strip, Erdoğan said he “hopes that his visit can contribute to the process [of establishing a Palestinian state].” During the Syrian Civil War he supported the Muslim Brotherhood. In 2013 Erdoğan beat the secular protests against the government violently down and started to censor the media.
Erdoğan is pro-life. He wants to curb abortion.
John Kerry criticized Erdogan for his equal enforcement of Zionism with Fascism. He was also criticized by the conservative governor Rick Perry for his aggression against the Jewish state of Israel. Erdoğan said that Hamas is a "resistance group". After Omar Hassan al-Bashir caused a genocide against Christians, Erdoğan defended Bashir and answered: 'Muslims Don't Cause Genocide'.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/charles-bybelezer/mainstreaming-hamas/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/joseph-puder/the-widening-turkey-saudi-arabia-rift/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/michael-van-der-galien/inside-the-turkish-protests/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/michael-van-der-galien/the-heart-of-erdogans-darkness/
- ↑ http://cnsnews.com/news/article/turkey-blocks-twitter-over-graft-recordings
- ↑ http://cnsnews.com/news/article/turkeys-erdogan-muslims-discovered-americas
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/03/turkish-women-protest-plans-to-curb-abortion/
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/01/official-kerry-to-rap-turkey-pm-for-remark/
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/17/perry-draws-turkey-rebuke-over-debate-comments/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/ryan-mauro/israels-apology-crowns-turkeys-erdogan-leader-of-islamist-world/
- ↑ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134297