Resistance refers to:
- the act or an instance of resisting or the capacity to resist.
- a force that tends to oppose or retard motion.
- an underground organization engaged in a struggle for "national liberation" in a country or counter revolutionary activity to a totalitarian regime.
- in the field of psychology, a process in which the ego opposes the conscious recall of anxiety-producing experiences.
- in the field of biology,
- in the field of electricity (electrical resistance), the opposition of a body or substance to current passing through it, resulting in a change of electrical energy into heat or another form of energy.