Richard Carrier (1969 - ), M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. History, is an advocate of metaphysical naturalism. He has written a book, Sense and Goodness without God. He is a prominent atheist in the atheist community in the US.
Carrier has a B.A. in History, with a minor in Classical Civilization, from the University of California at Berkeley (1997), an M.A. in Ancient History from Columbia University (1998), an M.Phil. in Ancient History, from Columbia University (2000), and a Ph.D. in Ancient History from Columbia University (2008). 
Carrier advocates the crank notion that Jesus never existed and is merely a myth which is a baseless, extreme minority position among historians and contrary to abundant historical evidence pointing to Jesus being a historical figure (The Great Soviet Encyclopedia, a parcel of the propaganda of the atheistic, communist Soviet Union, is the only encyclopedia to ever advocate the Christ myth. See also: Historicity of Jesus).
Carrier is a veteran of the United States Coast Guard. 
- Richard Carrier's "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection Story" -- A Refutation by JP Holding
- Review of Carrier's book Good 'n' Senseless Without God
- Richard Carrier vs. William Lane Craig debate, Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? 2009 - Part one
- Richard Carrier vs. William Lane Craig debate, Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? 2009 - Part two
- ↑ www.infidels.org, Brief Biography of Richard Carrier 
- ↑ A Response to "Why I Don't Buy the Resurrection Story" by JP Holding
- ↑ The Incredible Sinking Carrier or, The Impossible Faith Vindicated by JP Holding
- ↑ Scholarly opinions on the Jesus Myth by Christopher Price
- ↑ Richard C. Carrier, Curriculum Vitae