Ruston is a city in north Louisiana with a 2010 population of 21,859. The seat of Lincoln Parish, Ruston grew 6.4 percent from the 2000 census tabulation of 20,546.
Ruston hosts the state's annual Peach Festival and is the home of Louisiana Tech University, which was established in 1894. Nearby to the west is the predominantly African American institution, Grambling University in Grambling, also in Lincoln Parish.
In recent years, Lincoln Parish has been a Republican stronghold. It is represented in the United States House of Representatives by Rodney Alexander of Jackson Parish and in the Louisiana House by attorney Rob Shadoin of Ruston.
- Abraham Attrep, historian
- Clarence Faulk, radio station owner, former publisher of the Ruston Daily Leader; his father was a founder of Delta Air Lines.
- Ray Germany, Louisiana Tech basketball All American, 1959-1960
- B. H. Gilley, historian
- C. Wade Meade, historian
- H. J. Sachs, English professor
- Rob Shadoin, state representative