Scorpions appear seven times in the Bible:
- Revelation 9:5 - And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
- Luke 11:12 - Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
- Ezekiel 2:6 - And thou, O son of man, fear not, neither be thou afraid of their words: for thou art among unbelievers and destroyers, and thou dwellest with scorpions. Fear not their words, neither be thou dismayed at their looks: for they are a provoking house.
- Deuteronomy 8:15 - He led you through the great and terrible wilderness, with its fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty ground where there was no water; He brought water for you out of the rock of flint.
- 2 Chronicles 10:14 (similar phrases in 1 Kings 12:11 and 1 Kings 12:14) - He spoke to them as the young men advised. He said, "If my father made your burden heavy, I will add to it. If my father punished you with whips, I will use scorpions."