Christian apologist JP Holding has written concerning the Secular Web: "The Secular Web has a few intelligent people, but overall has long been a haven for every skeptical know-it-all to pronounce judgments upon matters outside of their expertise." In addition, Holding has indicated that the quality of internet content produced by the Secular Web has gone down since the 1990s. The decline in the quality of material at Internet Infidels has been concurrent with the rise of theists in academia within philosophy departments (see: Atheism and academia).
On the whole, the misguided efforts to promote atheism/agnosticism not been very effective on the internet (see also: Ineffectiveness and weakness of atheist internet outreach). On the other hand, Christian internet evangelism has been very effective.
Unlike Christianity, which is supported by a large body of sound evidence (see: Christian apologetics), atheism/agnosticism have no proof and evidence supporting their ideologies.
Dissension at the Internet Infidels forum
In 2007, it appears as if the Internet Infidels forum had a significant amount of internal dissension which caused some forum members to depart.
Significant drop in web traffic according to the web traffic tracking company Quantcast
- Defining our mission
- The Secular Web's Great tinfoil age
- Atheism, Agnosticism, and Skepticism Synopsis of Understanding Secular Religions by Josh McDowell and Don Stewart
- Atheism by Creation Ministries International
- Atheism, agnosticism and humanism: godless religions by Creation Ministries International
- Atheism by Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
- Internet atheism: The thrill is gone!