Seed Packets and Seed Information
According to Gardenology.org, "Generally, seed packets labels include:
- Common name with botanical name (in parentheses).
- Plant spacing and depth
- Door: Indoor, Outdoor or Both.
- Live: Perennial or annual.
- Planting, germination and harvest period
- Special requirements, if relevant."
Seeds in the Bible
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after its kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after its kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day."
- Seed ball
- Seed bombing
- List of edible seeds
- Seed company
- Seed predation
- Seed saving
- Seed library
- Permaculture - Permanent agriculture
- List of gardening topics
- Glossary of gardening terms
- Green Revolution
- Soil fertility
- Terminator seeds of Monsanto
- Seeds - Discussions by Jack Spirko of The Survival Podcast
- Horizon Herb Seeds
- Victory Seeds - Rare, Open-pollinated and Heirloom Garden Seeds
- JohnnySeeds.com - Johnny's Selected Seeds
- Soil Cube for Seed Starting
- The Millennium Seed Bank Project Kew Garden's ambitious preservation project
- The Svalbard Global Seed Vault - a backup facility for the world's seed banks
- Plant Physiology online: Types of Seed Dormancy and the Roles of Environmental Factors
- The Seed Site: collecting, storing, sowing, germinating, and exchanging seeds, with pictures of seeds, seedpods and seedlings.
- Royal Holloway, University of London: The Seed Biology Place
Bibliography - Further Reading
- Bailey, Liberty Hyde, The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture. New York City: Macmillan, 1915. Copyright expired, now Public domain. 676 pages.
- Stuppy, W. Glossary of Seed and Fruit Morphological Terms. Royal botanical gardens, Kew 2004
- United States Forest Service. Woody Plant Seed Manual. 1948