Phillip Jaisohn and Seo Jae-pil (or Seo Jai-pil, korean:서재필 徐載弼, November 30, 1863 - January 5, 1951) was a Korean Independent activists and politicians, Journalists and United States anatomy physicians. a founder of Independent club, ten thousand peoples club, Independent news in 1896, also he was first chairman of Independent news 1896 to 1898. he was first founder of Korean language news.
a nickname was Songjae and Ssangkyung, Chinese name was Yunkyung. penname was N.S Osia. the United States name was Phillip Jaisohn, it's his Korean name Soh Jai-pil's spelling reverse.
- Hansu's Journey
- My compatriots in the homeland
- My Days in Korea and other Essays
In 1970, government of South Korean given to Awarded order of Merit for National Foundation 'Republic of Korea Medal' for him.
- Yun Chi-ho
- Kim Ok-gyun
- Park Young-hyo
- Park Jung-yang
- Seo Kwangpom
- Hong Young-shik
- Syngman Rhee
- Kim Kyu-sik
- first Korean language newspaper
- Seo Jae-pil Memorial Association
- Seo Jae-pil, Pioneer of Enlightenment for Independence KBS
- My Days in Korea & Other Essays by Philip Jaisohn, MD, edited by Sun-pyo Hong, published by Yonsei University Press, 1999.