Sidney Blumenthal (born November 6, 1948) is an American journalist, writer, and former political aide.
Blumenthal was a long-time Clinton surrogate and advisor known for attacks on Clinton opponents. He has defended the Clinton's through decades of scandal investigations. He has also worked for Media Matters and as an operative within the Clinton Foundation.
Blumenthal is known to be the source of racist and Islamophobic attacks on candidate Barack Obama including allegations which became known as the birther movement during the Hillary Clinton 2008 presidential campaign. In early 2009, the Obama White House barred Blumenthal from serving in the Obama administration and the Clinton State Department after identifying him as responsible for false rumors and attacks against candidate Barack Obama.
He is also the father of the left-wing blogger Max Blumenthal, who like Sidney proceeded to defend the Clintons with very vicious attacks on their enemies via innuendo, most infamously during the manufactured controversy of The Path to 9/11.
- Hillary Clinton First Lady
- Hillary Clinton Senate career
- Hillary Clinton Secretary of State
- Hillary Clinton Foreign Policy
- (Newsweek blog)
- http://home.uchicago.edu/~rposner/TABLE II.pdf "Data for tables in Chapter 5 of Richard A. Posner, Public Intellectuals: A Study of Decline" where Posner talks about the data he used for his book Public Intellectuals: A Study of Decline.