Strike: A legal pitch when so called by the umpire, which:
- Is struck at by the batter and missed;
- Is not struck at, if the ball passes through the strike zone;
- Is fouled by the batter when he has less than two strikes;
- Is bunted foul;
- Touches the batter as he strikes at it;
- Touches the batter in flight in the strike zone; or
- After being batted, travels directly from the bat to the catcher's hands and is legally caught by the catcher (foul tip).
- The Official Site of Major League Baseball
- Minor League Baseball
- BASEBALL HISTORY Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association.
- Hall of Fame National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc.