Symptoms of autism
Symptoms of autism can include:
- difficulty in interacting; avoiding eye contact; preferring to be alone; unresponsiveness to noises
- repeats activities, words or phrases; cling to sameness or objects; repetition of what is heard
- inappropriate laughing or giggling; difficulty expressing needs
- ostensible insensitivity to pain and lack of appreciation of danger
- fascination with spinning around
- compulsive behavior
- discomfort and agitation due to changes in routine; maladaptive behavior.
- trouble displaying empathy.
- narrow interests; constant preoccupation with one object or interest.
- peculiarities in speech; speech can be delayed, tangential, or lacking proper syntax. May speak like a "little professor".
- Problems with nonverbal communication.