Talk:Anders Behring Breivik
I removed the accusations that the whole thing was a setup for false flag type reasons because the guy admitted to the crime, there is no evidence to doubt this admission, and I understand that Savage has retracted his earlier statements. Lets deal with facts not unhelpful speculations. --DamianJohn 01:59, 26 July 2011 (EDT)
- I agree, the version before this one was bizarre and fringe. TerryB 08:54, 26 July 2011 (EDT)
I'm trying to clean up the grammar and punctuation on this article, and I can't make out just what you're trying to say in this sentence:
- While the manifesto contains a legal disclaimer, (p. 766-68) yet Breivik details how Islam invaded Europe in the past and was defeated, and expresses plans to combat, by an "armed indigenous rights movements/resistance movement" (p. 668), the latest Islamic invasion/attack in which they employ "demographic warfare." (p. 816)
What does the legal disclaimer have to do with the rest of the sentence? Were you trying to say something about the disclaimer and got distracted? Please clarify this section.
Thanks! --SharonW 22:48, 30 July 2011 (EDT)
- Good catch. I need to briefly explain that the legal disclaimer he gave was that
- "A Declaration of pre-emptive War.. "describes a hypothetical response to a perceived threat (so called cultural Marxist/multiculturalist atrocities and the threat of Islamisation)...how a "fictional" resistance group is emerging and how it would operate from the so called "Phase 1 through Phase 3" in order to prevent these perceived threats and atrocities from futher manifesting and to prevent an alleged future Muslim takeover..."
- "The author or distributor does not condone or agree with any of the descriptions or methods used in this book and the related chapters....all incriminatory information in this work is written "in character" and must not be confused with an actual plan, or strategy to attempt to harm any individuals.."
- "This legal disclaimer was created to remove any doubt whatsoever that the author or anyone chosing to distribute the book "2083" has any hostile motives or intentions. If any legal authority have reservations against this new and innovative form of writing style, they may address or contact the author, any publisher or distributor and share their concerns which will be taken under consideration."
- The man was a crafty cold-blooded criminal. I will add explanatory info now.Daniel1212 09:39, 1 August 2011 (EDT)
I would like to propose this article be split into two different ones. The article on Breivik should probably include his biography, the attacks, the aftermath, world reaction and a brief description of his manifesto. The reaction and analysis section should probably be under a separate article, as it deals more with the rationale and beliefs behind his actions. Any thoughts? --SharonW 02:11, 31 July 2011 (EDT)
- It could be restructured Sharon. I set it up as it was due to my lack of compiled referenced info on biography, the attacks, and my or emphasis on his ideology and responses/analysis. But i do not think anything should be deleted from those, as it is important and likely to be missing from other reports. Daniel1212 09:23, 1 August 2011 (EDT)
Anders Behring Breivik. Declared sane and sentenced to TWENTY ONE YEARS in prison, with possibility of parole after TEN YEARS. Breivik may be sane but Norway is obviously totally insane. SO,that is 99 days per murder if he serves full term, with parole that goes down to 47 days per murder. Surely even the most cuddly soft on crime types must agree this sentence is insane.
Oh, I would like to update this page but really do not know what I am doing. I made some minor edits on other pages, I apologise if I have made a mess of them.--PatMc 12:56, 24 August 2012 (EDT)