Talk:Counterexamples to Global Warming
Better focus of efforts on global warming issue
I also suggest the below articles be created as I think people would be more interested in them. I think this would be a much better use of time in terms of informing the public on the global warming issue.
- Global warming causes (from time to time the world does increase in temperature)
I hope this helps. conservative 17:33, 1 July 2011 (EDT)
- Why can't you just put that in the global warming article. It seems needlessly redundant to create a whole bunch of articles, it won't do anything but create a mess. GTac 11:07, 12 July 2011 (EDT)
Most recent counter example
Using a storm as a counter example is a complete misunderstanding of the concept of global warming. Plus, it ignores the high temperature weather across the world, see this piece highlighting that 2013 was the hottest year on record in Australia. And it was reported in the right wing newspaper, the Australian.
Please do not claim that the article doesn't deal with whether or not it is the effect of climate change, as if cold temperatures immediately disprove it, high temperatures must immediately prove it.
Thank you for reading, CScotson 11:18, 5 January 2014 (EST)
- The Australian newspaper article isn't worth the paper it is written on, because land temperature averages are too unreliable to make sweeping claims about "hottest" or "coldest" year. Satellite readings prove that temperatures have not increased in a decade.
- A frightful crisis of global warming would not have record low temperatures, so these are a counterexample to what liberals insisted would occur by now.--Andy Schlafly 11:46, 5 January 2014 (EST)
- Could you provide a source for your claim? Furthermore, do you know whether those record low temperatures were measured by land or satellite readings? CScotson 00:01, 19 January 2014 (EST)