Talk:Essay:Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution
Serious thought should be given to the deletion of this page and the "essays" to which it refers. In essence all these pages constitute trolling. Conservative consistently comments that anyone who criticises these pages is just a thin-skinned atheist who should therefore be ignored. I disagree. It is quite clear that these pages are a deliberate attempt to upset atheists and accordingly are just another example of trolling. The effect is that some of those offended sign up as editors in order to get their own back. They attack the unlocked pages on this site (all of these "essays" being locked).
Furthermore, none of these pages are in the least bit encyclopedic. Poking fun at a group within society is not an activity undertaken by any reputable encyclopedia of which I am aware. I believe that they lower the tone of the site and damage its reputation.
I would be interested on people's thoughts. I would also be happy to hear from Conservative if he can manage to stay on topic. --XavierC 19:11, 30 June 2011 (EDT)
- It's probably rather a question of Original Research. CP does allow original research (see #10) and this article appears properly labeled, AFAIK. But please, please, be respectful of other users. Even WP, as I understand it, considers labeling another editor "troll" can be considered a form of personal attack.
- If the primary author of this entry chooses to engage in discussion on this talk page, please restrict you comments to discusion of content & sources. But if he chooses to ignore critics on this discussion page and not respond at all, please be respectful of his right of choice in that matter, as well. Thank you. Rob Smith 19:48, 30 June 2011 (EDT)
I understand that many thin skinned and proud atheists are going to be upset about the satires. I can live with that. For all their mocking, atheists certainly have thin skins when it comes to comedy and satire. It has been said that their father has a thin skin as well. "The Devil, the proud spirit, cannot endure to be mocked." - Thomas More.
Could someone please make the page unprotected
So i can add the category This article has been nominated for deletion. See Conservapedia:AFD Essay:Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution. I think we need to discuss this and the categorization of this page. Dvergne 22:13, 19 October 2012 (EDT)
I still don't see the point of this page
It's basically just a place where atheists can find stuff to laugh at Christians and discredit us. It is basically just unfunny and incoherent ramblings by user:C. I think we need to clean it up and get rid of some of the old and useless content. Dvergne 22:07, 22 October 2012 (EDT)
People enjoy laughing at the folly of evolutionism and atheism
- There are definitely people laughing. Reader feedback for the article 10 reasons why young earth creationists have bigger families than many evolutionists and will overrun evolutionists: "I told my wife and daughter about it and they thought it was funny but had a lot of truth in it!" (see comments section).
- Evolutionist men, creationist women are laughing at your lack of machismo!Conservative 22:32, 22 October 2012 (EDT)
- Fair enough but I thought they would have left a comment rather than email you, given that is what the comment section if for. Dvergne 22:35, 22 October 2012 (EDT)
I cant watch the YouTube video "Richard Dawkins Cowers Away from William Lane Craig". --Alex00 12:08, 25 February 2013 (EST)