|!||Due to the controversial nature of this article, it has been locked by the Administrators to prevent edit wars or vandalism.
Sysops, please do not unlock it without first consulting the protecting sysop.
I am going to revert those edits to the last clean version I can find. I will try to preserve as many of the changes as possible that occurred between these 2 edits. --Brian 11:02, 18 June 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you for catching this, and your help in restoring it, Brian! --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 06:17, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
- Brian, you are out of your mind. The information I added primarily came from Thompson's own official biography on imwithfred.com, not Wikipedia. Yes, I added his first college and his parents names. That's not violating copyright, it's obviously encyclopedic info for a person's encyclopedia entry. OMG, what the heck is happening to Conservapedia! Has it been hijacked by the same nutjob crowd that runs Wikipedia. -- AmeriCan 11:52, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
- If you don't believe me, just compare your Actor section with the Character Actor section from Wikipedia, the first 2 paragraphs of your Attorney section to the Wikipedia Attorney section, and the majority of your Post Senate additions with the Wikipedia After the Senate section.
- There are many more examples that I could list, but I trust other editors/sysops can make a determination for themselves. As for your claim, these examples are not in his official biography at imwithfred.com, and even if they were, it would still be a copyright violation.--Brian 13:23, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
Template adding/ Fred or all?
Should this(http://www.conservapedia.com/Template:2008_presidential_candidates) presidential candidate template be added to this page? Also, I'm not sure about this sentence in the article, "Not a candidate for reelection in 2002 resumed acting career." Is it talking about Fred Thompson or all reelection candidates in 2002? Thanks, --Tash 20:06, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- Tash, he should be added if and when he announces he is a candidate. I'll look at the sentence. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 21:00, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
Okay. Thanks!--Tash 22:43, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
Abortion gets no mention?
I was surprised to see that the abortion information which was mentioned in the Main Page note on his candidacy announcement isn't mentioned in the article on him? Isn't that strange? I would have thought it merits at least a line, especially consdiering the article mentions his other lobbying work from back then? BenHur 20:19, 4 September 2007 (EDT)
He has announced
It has been several weeks since he officially announced. I was going to add some information but the article is protected. Vandalism might be an even greater problem now than before. Is perhaps the way to handle it to draft a new page here on the talk page, then a sysop could add it to the article? Sbowers3 08:51, 29 September 2007 (EDT)