|!||Due to the controversial nature of this article, it has been locked by the Administrators to prevent edit wars or vandalism.|
Sysops, please do not unlock it without first consulting the protecting sysop.
I am going to revert those edits to the last clean version I can find. I will try to preserve as many of the changes as possible that occurred between these 2 edits. --Brian 11:02, 18 June 2007 (EDT)
- Thank you for catching this, and your help in restoring it, Brian! --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 06:17, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
- Brian, you are out of your mind. The information I added primarily came from Thompson's own official biography on imwithfred.com, not Wikipedia. Yes, I added his first college and his parents names. That's not violating copyright, it's obviously encyclopedic info for a person's encyclopedia entry. OMG, what the heck is happening to Conservapedia! Has it been hijacked by the same nutjob crowd that runs Wikipedia. -- AmeriCan 11:52, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
- If you don't believe me, just compare your Actor section with the Character Actor section from Wikipedia, the first 2 paragraphs of your Attorney section to the Wikipedia Attorney section, and the majority of your Post Senate additions with the Wikipedia After the Senate section.
- There are many more examples that I could list, but I trust other editors/sysops can make a determination for themselves. As for your claim, these examples are not in his official biography at imwithfred.com, and even if they were, it would still be a copyright violation.--Brian 13:23, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
Template adding/ Fred or all?
Should this(http://www.conservapedia.com/Template:2008_presidential_candidates) presidential candidate template be added to this page? Also, I'm not sure about this sentence in the article, "Not a candidate for reelection in 2002 resumed acting career." Is it talking about Fred Thompson or all reelection candidates in 2002? Thanks, --Tash 20:06, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
- Tash, he should be added if and when he announces he is a candidate. I'll look at the sentence. --şŷŝôρ-₮KṢρёаќǃ 21:00, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
Okay. Thanks!--Tash 22:43, 3 August 2007 (EDT)
Abortion gets no mention?
I was surprised to see that the abortion information which was mentioned in the Main Page note on his candidacy announcement isn't mentioned in the article on him? Isn't that strange? I would have thought it merits at least a line, especially consdiering the article mentions his other lobbying work from back then? BenHur 20:19, 4 September 2007 (EDT)
He has announced
It has been several weeks since he officially announced. I was going to add some information but the article is protected. Vandalism might be an even greater problem now than before. Is perhaps the way to handle it to draft a new page here on the talk page, then a sysop could add it to the article? Sbowers3 08:51, 29 September 2007 (EDT)