I could find nothing on this fallacy:
The Nazi Mathematics Fallacy is a logical fallacy. It is the belief that because an idea is held by people who do evil things, the idea is itself evil and must be false. The name comes from the classic example:
- HITLER believed that 2 + 2 = 4! Therefore, 2+2 MUST equal 5!!!!
The above is just part of a fallacy called the Genetic fallacy Conservative 21:54, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
Oh? OK. So why is the main page for this blank? --BDobbs 21:55, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- Bdobbs, if you want to fill the article in here are some resources: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/genefall.html and http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/genetic-fallacy.html Conservative 21:58, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
Not sure I understand
Are you saying that just because an arguments foundation is false, doesn't mean it's invalid? Well, last time I checked, when you take away the foundation the structure tends to collapse.
But seriously, when I (and I'm sure many others) criticize a source, it's not necessarily to destroy the argument, it's to make you bring a better source!
- A proposition can have any one of three states:
- proven true
- proven false
- Showing that an argument for a proposition is invalid does not make it false; it very well may be indeterminate. What do they they teach in these schools nowadays? --Ed Poor Talk 12:07, 13 March 2008 (EDT)
- It sounded like you were editorializing the actions of some people on CP DLerner 12:09, 13 March 2008 (EDT)
- No, just liberals in general. Whose idea was it to remove formal logic from the curriculum, anyway? Sounds like something Dewey would do. --Ed Poor Talk 12:16, 13 March 2008 (EDT)