Please don't delete this, is intended to diffuse tensions between left and right on this board. if there is a genuine reason why this cannot be accepted please let me know!
- 1. Please sign your comments
- 2. Why in the world should this not be deleted? What substance does this add to this encyclopedia? Shoud I add an article entitled
'porch monkey'to diffuse tensions between african americans and caucasians on this wiki?
- I strongly advise a sysop to delete this article and protect this page so it won't be created again. The term "godless liberal" is a slur meant to demean good people whose only differences is in religious belief and political ideology. Stryker 11:13, 17 July 2007 (EDT)
Sorry, if you feel this should be deleted then please do so. (Denzo 11:18, 17 July 2007 (EDT))
- Denzo, I'm just trying to voice my concern. I'll leave it for a Sysop to decide; I'm already on thin ice as is for continually voicing dissent and debate here. Stryker 11:37, 17 July 2007 (EDT)
- Sysops have decided. It will stay, and we invite improvement! --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 13:29, 23 July 2007 (EDT)
Why was my version reverted? Godless Liberal strikes me as a pejorative phrase, and is it used for individuals who wish to purge religon? --Diagoras 10:38, 23 April 2008 (EDT)
- I've never heard it used in a non-insulting sense, except when being used as a joke. Godless isn't exactly a neutral term. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Diagoras (talk)
George Clooney often jokingly describes himself as a 'Godless Liberal', trying to marginalize the true nature of the term.
We should not mention the actor and the blogger, unless as illustrations of the term.
On the other hand, the joking or satirical acknowledgment of a label (or any point for that matter) is a phenomenon which is interesting in itself. It deserves an article of its own. --Ed Poor Talk 08:19, 2 September 2008 (EDT)