First, I just joined so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong but i thought it was worth noting that today Google chose to run a "doodle" celebrating Cesar Chavez's birthday instead of Easter. Fnarrow 12:16, 31 March 2013 (EDT)
- I think you probably would too if it put an extra $50 million straight into your pocket. Besides, most internet-savvy Chinese are good at using Proxies. --Hojimachongtalk 21:22, 18 March 2007 (EDT)
Google has a liberal bias? That's like accusing a hammer or a wrench of having a liberal bias; The google search engine is just a tool. -- Todd
Ya i agree with Todd. Sounds funny that a search engine has liberal bias on it. i think that needs to be taken out. --Will N. 11:01, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
- If the hammer or wrench is causing damage to something conservative then it has a liberal bias.
- "And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;" (Exodus 35:31)
- JC 11:02, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
If no one can find a citation for the liberal bias soon then yes, it should be removed. --JamesK 11:06, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
ok? what has the bible verse gotta do with google. and also if you punch it in practically every website with the words of the search come up. that is not liberal bias. it is what is on the websites that is liberal. google is just helping you find what you need. --Will N. 11:07, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
Google Bombs & Miserable Failure
Since this section had got increasingly messy and didn't make sense anymore I rewrote it.
- Nice job! I added some more, in fact, "french military victories" doesn't take you to a Google page, but a page on AlbinoBlackSheep.com which is designed to look like a Google page. The link it directs you to (french military defeats) is hilarious. --Hojimachongtalk 12:54, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
Any sources for the "miserable failure" Google bomb being done by Democrat supporters? Otherwise that should be taken out, as should the part about conservative response.--Smedricksman24 18:30, 5 April 2007 (EDT)
- There actually is a news story; 31 liberal bloggers made lots of links to influence the PageRank. I'll go pull out the story from Gnews. --Hojimachongtalk 18:33, 5 April 2007 (EDT)
Could Google kill the cell phone industry?
Democrat google prank
"Much of Google's business depends on pornography."
Hello, I think this phrase is ambiguous because it could be applied to search engines in general.Sporean 00:15, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
Also, Google doesn't put advertisements on pornographic search results, thus earning them no revenue. This is a pretty dubious claim and the source doesn't relate to Google specifically. Removing this line; we need to do better than this.editman 6:55, 21 December 2013 (EST)
Conservative answers not allowed on Google
Due a search for 'McCain abstinence only legislation'. Every Dick and Harry from liberal websites. Page 5 number 43, ahh one conservative article- National Review. --jp 02:42, 6 July 2008 (EDT)
Google v. anti-obama blogs
JP--would you mind if I either reworded or removed this section? The way it is currently written---i.e. asking a question that would seem to be controversial concerning Google, only to say it never happened---seems more appropriate for the Enquirer than the encyclopedia. I think the information is important to set the record straight and bring forward new information about the rating system, but we just need to make that the lead. Perhaps we can put something together on the talk page.--Jareddr 23:26, 22 July 2008 (EDT)
Android blocks VoIP?
Skype is available for Android, although Verizon has a deal with Skype so that the software only runs on their network. Earlier versions of Android did not support any VoIP - that was a technology constraint, not a move to harm Skype. I learned this by reading the cited articles, so I'm not sure how this ended up being concluded in the first place. --User:mattmag