What factual mistakes were in the removed paragraph?--Nomine Cervus 00:15, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
If one is going to make a factual assertion ("Democrat", "activist"), provide cites.--WJThomas 13:51, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
- Wow, that's a wacky argument. "Olbermann never adressed the fact that Jack Bauer has demonstrated that the proper use of force against terrorists produce the results we need in the war on terror." Maybe that's because Jack Bauer is a fictional character in a story?
- And to think some people this that it's the Dungeons and Dragons players who can't tell reality from fantasy.... ---Ghoti 19:06, 26 May 2007 (EDT)
This is less about Olbermann than it is a response to his shenanigans. Let's condense the anti-Olbermann rant and leave a link to the website that's dedicated to slamming him.
- Do I need to add the another cite for liberal tricks, liberal is not necessarily a Democrat? We need a citation for him being a Democrat? Does MSNBC hire Republicans? Should I reword that last phrase, does MSNBC hire Republicans that don't denounce their conservative background? No merge of pages and produce an external link to anti-Slobermann site.-- jp 17:36, 9 September 2008 (EDT)
Sorry, I couldn't come up with a better subject heading. I removed the tag of him as a Democrat. No one can argue that he isn't liberal, but I can find no proof of him being a registered Democrat, the two are not automatic. Also, this page needs cleanup badly. As it stand right now, it reads like an angry high schooler doing a forced report. I will be happy to take on the chore myself, but I fear that I will simply be reverted and forgotten. JDavidsonLeave a message ::BEEP:: 23:17, 27 June 2008 (EDT)
I think that the picture for this page should be changed, because the current picture is not an accurate representation of Olbermann. I would suggest a semi-neutral picture that doesn't misrepresent him, something like http://thabizness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/olbermann.jpg or http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/original/KOlbermann.jpg .
- If those are the only choices, I vote for the second one. The first one is more flattering to Olbermann, but did you notice where the American flag is? Not sure what to make of that.--Frey 09:09, 9 October 2008 (EDT)
- Well, I think you're reading a bit far into it, but I agree that the second is better. --MMcC 09:19, 9 October 2008 (EDT)
Latest edit is unencyclopedic
"It is a classic example of the role of propaganda in modern American discourse" does not belong in the opening paragraph of this encyclopedic entry. True as it may be, it has no place here. SJames 01:42, 30 January 2009 (EST)
- Contrary to WP, and the whole revisionist, world-view, liberal crowd, SJames, we tend to favor not burying key information about people way down in the text. --₮K/Admin/Talk 02:17, 30 January 2009 (EST)
Keith Olbermann hired by Al Gore's Current TV
I hear that Keith Olbermann got hired by Current TV (which interestingly Comcast owns 10% of) as it's "Chief News Officer" and to host a primetime show every weekday at 8 P.M beginning some time this spring. Willminator 21:31, 13 February 2011 (EST)