When did the Media Research Center become nonpartisan? 
- Who said it was? "Media Research Center (MRC) is a conservative media watchdog group dedicated to bringing political balance to the news and entertainment media."
- All claims about balance and objectivity and correcting bias are suspect - if you are a partisan, that is. ;-) --Ed Poor 08:27, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
Larger question: Is there a source anywhere in our future? Myk 21:42, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
While you could make a case that Tucker Carlson is libertarian-ish, saying he's on the left is a stretch (if memory serves, he self-identifies as conservative). And calling Mr. Scarborough a centrist is just plain silly. If you feel the need to challenge the conventional wisdom, provide sources. Better yet, lay out the pros/cons in a separate article for the person(s) in question.--WJThomas 08:21, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
The slant of MSNBC
Cut from the article:
- The channel is the lowest rated of the three major cable news channels.
- MSNBC has received criticism from both liberal and conservative groups regarding the channel's perceived biases. The conservative media watchdog group the Media Research Center argues that MSNBC has a liberal slant, citing shows by Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews, while the ultra-liberal Media Matters for America decries the channel's alleged conservative slant, citing shows by Tucker Carlson and Joe Scarbourough.
So what is it? Objective or partisan? Too liberal, or not liberal enough?
I don't regard MMA as a reliable source, as they have been caught repeatedly twisting things. Their idea of "okay" is whatever toes the Liberal line. They are not a watchdog but an attack dog.
- Yes, and the same could be said of MRC from the other side of the field. Perhaps a better approach, if we choose even to tackle the subject, would be to avoid generalizations vis a vis the bias of MSNBC, and focus on specific incidents, if such exist, and/or dump all such questions over to the articles you suggest creating.
- As to ratings, everything I've seen show MSNBC far behind CNN and FOX, but gaining. However, I haven't been able to find any info less than six months old (at least, not by reliable or primary sources).--WJThomas 10:19, 17 April 2007 (EDT)