GFDL text from Wikipedia:
The initial letter of the name indicated the use of that equipment.
- A — air-to-air missiles.
- K — air-to-surface missiles (from the Russian Kh designation).
- G — surface-to-air missiles, SAM (or Ground-to-air), including ship- and submarine-launched.
- S — surface-to-surface missiles, including ship- and submarine-launched. (most famously the SS-1 “Scud”).
- from this Anti-tank missiles (also S).
- F — fighter aircraft , also later ground attack aircraft.
- B — bomber aircraft.
- C — cargo aircraft and airliners.
- H — helicopters.
- M — Miscellaneous; [[Trainer
Note to Ed
I fixed a sentence that got messed up grammatically by a previous change, I'm not sure if my fix kept the meaning that you intended. Mikek 11:25, 18 November 2008 (EST)