Talk:National Lawyers Guild
I have many friends in the NLG, one of them a decorated former army sergeant; it is not a communist front. If there are no citations for these egregious lies and slanderous statements, I will delete them.-AmesGyo! 21:03, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
where are your sources?
Where are your sources? This article has little credibility and I am more conservative than many at this board. Here is what the conservapedia commandments state: "Always cite and give credit to your sources, even if in the public domain". Conservative 21:22, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
- Conservative, let's celebrate our very first agreement and wipe it clean. Calling any group a pack of commies is slanderous.-AmesGyo! 21:24, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- I disagree regarding your "calling any group a pack of commies remark". I just think a Sysop like RobS should follow the websites rules and cite his sources. I think readers deserve to know what his sources are. Conservative 21:26, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
- Several sources are intext,
- As said by the House Committee on Un-American Activities (September 1950) ...
- "Central Intelligence Agency at the direction of the House Intelligence Committee in 1978, reported that the IADL...
- "In September 1950, the House Committee on Un-American Activities issued a report, "The National Lawyers Guild: Legal Bulwark of the Communist Party", which stated...
This has not been inserted yet,
- "The NLG is an affiliate of the Soviet-controlled International Association of Democratic Lawyers (IADL).... Over the years it has steadfastly supported every twist and turn in Soviet foreign policy, including the invasions of Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Afghanistan.
- Harvey Klehr, Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today (Transaction Books, New Brunswick, 1988), p. 161, which hasn't been used yet, nor this,
- A Historical Sketch of the National Lawyer's Guild in American Politics, 1936-1968, Doron Weinberg and Marty Fassler, n.d. RobS 21:32, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- Those all describe the NLG historically, not today. You should clarify that.-AmesGyo! 21:36, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- I am guessing you know that such and such entities stated so and so because your source or sources said they did. Again, Conservapedia states you must give your sources. What are your sources? Please footnote your sources within the article. If you don't know how to footnote Consrvapedia tells you how in the manual of style. Conservative 21:39, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
- AmesG, True; we should include something about Lynne Stewart and her work on behalf of convicted terroris, the blind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman; there's some other intersting stuff, too. RobS 21:44, 1 April 2007 (EDT)
- RobS, do you plan on footnoting the article? Conservative 21:45, 1 April 2007 (EDT)conservative
- Everyone is entitled to representation.-AmesGyo! 21:46, 1 April 2007 (EDT)