Talk:Partial birth abortion
I removed the biased parts :D Please attempt to use neutral sites and not completely right wing or completely left wing sites. It makes the articles more reliable AtheistKathryn 01:15, 4 May 2007 (EDT)
- You deleted a federal statute! I restored it.--Aschlafly 01:36, 4 May 2007 (EDT)
I think that this article should be titled "Intact dilation and extraction. That is the medical term and no medical textbook has the term "partial birth abortion. It is a political term thought up by an anti-abortion politician and has no scientific merit and is only referred to as 'partial birth abortion' in the United States. I would restructure it to read " Intact dilation and extraction (IDX or intact D&X), also known in the United States as partial birth abortion...".
- I'd have to disagree slightly about the title chaange. Most people looking up this information anywhere are going to use the phrase "partial birth abortion" rather than the IDX term for it; it has to do with familiarity. So, let's keep the title as it is, but by all means insert current medical terminology where appropriate. Karajou 01:24, 8 July 2008 (EDT)
Work in Progress
I've done quite a bit of research on this topic, and thus will be making substantial additions to the page. It's a work in progress, though, so I will in no way be insulted or hurt if people help with organization or add bits I'm missing. I'm going to try to bite off fairly small chunks so that any editing that needs to be done won't be a horrible mess. --CDunigan 18:21, 16 October 2010 (EDT)
I think this illustration should be replaced by a panel from the line-drawings, since it really is only tangentially related to PBA.--CDunigan 20:08, 16 October 2010 (EDT)
- I've converted the pictures to jpgs, and they seem to be working fine.
But why did you take out the section that explains the cranioclast? I'm trying not to be rude and just remove it, but it's really irrelevant. It's not used in PBA. It's not used on live fetuses. Yeah, it's gruesome, but I thought our point was to be accurate.
In the mean time I'll see if I can get the PBA line drawings put in.CDunigan 17:11, 24 October 2010 (EDT)
- I wasn't taking it out but reverting their insertion which just left ugly boxes with no images until it is fixed, CDunigan. Since you now have upload rights, you could fix the images yourself. On your computer, use Paint or a like program, and save the images as Jpeg, and then upload those, and see if the thubnail is saved and you can see it. --ṬK/Admin/Talk 21:03, 24 October 2010 (EDT)
- I'll restore it then, and put it in there next to the cranioclast picture.CDunigan 21:06, 24 October 2010 (EDT)