Talk:Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
There are things in this article that are neither true nor false, but misplaced. When I encountered these things while editing the page they were simply left alone, however if someone else were able to find a way to edit them properly (or add a complete and thorough reference) it would be very helpful for the article.
- "The person will keep their mind busy by losing themselves in a hobby, working very hard, or spending time absorbed in crossword or jigsaw puzzles." (Under: Symptoms - Avoidance and Numbing)
- "Feelings of Panic or Fear" & "Depression" (Under: Other Symptoms)
- "About 1 in 3 people will find that their symptoms just carry on and that they can't come to terms with what has happened; it is as though the process has got stuck." (Under: Why are Traumatic Events so Shocking?)
- "They are part of normal, everyday life, but can produce anxiety, depression, tiredness, and headaches." (Under: Ordinary "Stress")
- "Evidence of recovery from a traumatic experience" (Under: Evidence of recovery from a traumatic experience)
- "They may find it hard to believe that they will live long enough to grow up." (Under: Children and PTSD)