GodTube (formerly GodTube.com and Tangle.com) is the name of a Christian online video broadcasting community similar in concept to YouTube. It is owned by Salem Web Network. Created in January of 2007 by its CEO, former Dallas Theological Seminary student Chris Wyatt, it is an unabashedly Christian version of very popular social networking sites. It features videos of people singing, preaching and performing stand-up comedy, parodies and skits. It has over 1500 videos, which are viewed by 50,000-60,000 unique visitors daily. One of the most popular is a parody entitled "Baby got Book".
You can, however, find all of its videos on YouTube, as they're all hosted on YouTube.
Quotes on Police State Social Media Surveillance
- "The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wiretapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Youtube, Yahoo
- NSA and other Intelligence agency mass surveillance: PRISM, Wiretap - Roving wiretap
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Encryption: Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Data encryption-Public-key encryption-Steganography
- Conservative values and Libertarian American values - Small town values of Limited government and liberty
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- Privacy Act of 1974
- What is GodTube? (English). TMH (26 November 2014). Retrieved on 27 November 2014. “GodTube is an online video sharing platform with its core being Christianity content. It’s owned by Salem Web Network which is a subsidiary of Salem Communication. It has a wide range of videos categories, some of them include; Singers, music videos, bands, comedy skits, comedians, video featuring children, news, spoofs and parodies, animals and inspirational videos. Their main goal is to spread Christianity through sharing of video content.”
- (18 August 2007) Billboard (in English). Nielsen Business Media, Inc.. Retrieved on 27 November 2014. “GodTube.com, a Christian-themed site with a layout and concept similar to that of popular Web innovator YouTube, has officially launched. Now in its beta form, GodTube features a variety of content ranging from sermons to music videos.”
- "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."