Tara Brabazon is a professor of media studies at the University of Brighton at Brighton & Hove in the south of England. She was a finalist for Australian Teacher of the Year in 2005. and is director of the Popular Culture Collective which tries to document popular culture with academic rigor.
Brabazon came to international attention in January of 2008 after she criticized Wikipedia and Google for encouraging a lack of critical thinking in students. Brabazon banned her students from using either website, and compared the sites to "white bread" as they were filling but not nutritional.. Wikipedia responded to this by increasing the size of their article on her. Professor Brabazon has also criticized Wikipedia for stifling debate and critical evaluation.. Her views are similar to the views of Andrew Keen, another Wikipedia critic. 
- ↑ http://www.australianoftheyear.gov.au/pages/bio.asp?pID=211
- ↑ http://popularculturecollective.com/
- ↑ http://brabazon.net/
- ↑ http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article3182091.ece
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tara_Brabazon&diff=185239668&oldid=171903290
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/14/nuni114.xml