From ConservapediaTetanus is a toxin-producing bacterial disease marked by painful muscle spasms. Tetanus is one of the diseases for which the DPT vaccine provides protection. Unlike other vaccines, DPT doesn't vaccinate against the actual virus, but instead the toxin which Tetanus produces. Tetanus toxin is otherwise called Tetanospasmin.
Tetanus is caused by Clostridium Tetani, which enters through wounds and creating contraction of the fibres in the skeletal muscles. Tetanus is also called as Lockjaw, which is actually a symptom of the disease.
Tetanus can be diagnosed by early symptoms  like
- Muscular spasms could also be witnessed in different parts of the body.
- The muscles in the throat region are also affected.
- Pain and discomfort in the abdominal muscles too.
- Headache or a sore throat.
- The affected person may be extremely sensitive to touch.
The condition of the person maybe worsened by the bleeding of bowels.