Tetanus is caused by Clostridium Tetani, which enters through wounds and creating contraction of the fibres in the skeletal muscles. Tetanus is also called as Lockjaw, which is actually a symptom of the disease.
Tetanus can be diagnosed by early symptoms  like
- Muscular spasms could also be witnessed in different parts of the body.
- The muscles in the throat region are also affected.
- Pain and discomfort in the abdominal muscles too.
- Headache or a sore throat.
- The affected person may be extremely sensitive to touch.
The condition of the person maybe worsened by the bleeding of bowels.