A tool is a man made object which makes life easier, or more formally, to perform a set task where the object is not destroyed in the process. They are also known as instruments, or utensils, or other names, depending on the field in which they are deployed. Generally, the knowledge and skills associated with the creation and development of tools is known as technology.
Some common tools include:
- Hammer, Saw
- Knife, Ax, Maul
- Gardening-Farming Tools: Shovel, Hoe, Pitch fork, Wheelbarrow
- A tool can be a derogatory term for someone who is said to be lacking intelligence, insight or creativity, or easily exploited.
- Rawles, James Wesley, Tools for Survival: What You Need to Survive When You’re on Your Own, Plume/Penguin Books, 2015. Released December 30, 2014, 368 pages, ISBN-10: 0452298121, ISBN-13: 978-0452298125, Reviews, Audible.com Audio book, Amazon.com Paperback
- Search for Tools on Duck Duck Go Privacy search engine
- Tools for Survival on Amazon.com
- Tools for Survival on Audible.com
- Young people are 'lost generation' who can no longer fix gadgets, warns professor