Trump Derangement Syndrome
(Redirected from Trump derangement syndrome)
Trump Derangement Syndrome is the term used to describe the irrational despair, hysteria, and hatred liberals, establishment token conservatives, and the mainstream media have for U.S. President Donald Trump and anything related to him.
- The many hysterical, over-the-top predictions of what a Trump presidency would bring about.
- On the one-year anniversary of President Trump being elected president, liberal protestors literally chose to scream helplessly at the sky.
- It was announced in 2017 that "The Eaton Workshop hotel" – an explicitly anti-Trump hotel labeled "the world’s first politically motivated hotel" – would be built in Washington D.C.
- Even when President Trump makes decisions liberal and establishment Republicans like, such as declaring Jerusalem to be the capital city of Israel, anti-Trumpers oftentimes fail to admit so.
- When President Trump allegedly called certain poor, unstable, corrupt, and underdeveloped countries that happen to be nonwhite "s***holes", liberals and establishment Republicans reacted hysterically at the comments and took them far out of context. This is despite the fact that liberals and establishment Republicans regularly disparage entire segments of the population with little controversy, such as Lindsey Graham referring to Mexico and other Latin American countries "hellholes" in 2013 and Dick Durbin calling for ending chain migration in 2010 despite claiming the very term was "racist" eight years later.
- As an example of the irrational and reflexive hatred the Left had for President Trump, students at George Washington University voiced support for Trump's tax plan in 2017 when told it was Bernie Sanders's plan. As another example in January 2018, students at John Jay College reacted very negatively to State of the Union Address by Obama when told they were made by Trump (although he had not delivered his first SOTU address at the time of the interviews).
- Left-wingers labeled themselves as the "resistance" against Trump. Even before being inaugurated, Democrats spoke about impeaching and removing Trump from the presidency. Even some local communities passed resolutions calling for the impeachment of President Trump. All of this was unprecedented or done at an unprecedented level.
- Also unprecedented, some Democrats used profane language against Trump, such as the f-word and s-word.
- As a testament to the deep opposition and hatred towards him by the left-wing, at least 217 violent protestors were arrested in Washington D.C. on Inauguration Day. Left-wingers committed or advocated for many other acts of violence against President Trump or his supporters. It was reported in early February 2017 that 12,000 tweets already had called for Trump's assassination.
- In February 2018, a dating site for NeverTrumpers, called "NeverTrump.Dating," was set up.
- Essay: Trump derangement syndrome
- Opposition to Donald Trump
- Liberal whining
- Bush Derangement Syndrome
- Donald Trump achievements
- Wong, Kristina (November 9, 2017). Six Hysterical Predictions About Trump’s Presidency that Didn’t Materialize. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Parke, Caleb (November 9, 2017). Anti-Trump protesters 'scream helplessly at the sky' to demonstrate on election anniversary. Fox News. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Carr, Grace (November 9, 2017). People Scream Helplessly At The Sky To Protest A Year Of Trump. The Daily Caller. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Zanotti, Emily (November 8, 2017). THEY DID IT: Leftists Gathered To Scream Helplessly At The Sky On Election Anniversary. The Daily Wire. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Rutz, David (November 9, 2017). People Across the Country Literally Screamed at the Sky on the Anniversary of Trump’s Election, and It’s Hilarious. The Washington Free Beacon. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Lim, Naomi (October 25, 2017). Thousands to 'scream helplessly at the sky' to mark anniversary of Trump presidency. Washington Examiner. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- Anapol, Avery (November 13, 2017). Anti-Trump hotel planned for DC. The Hill. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Treene, Alayna (November 13, 2017). Anti-Trump hotel coming to D.C. Axios. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (December 6, 2017). #NeverTrump on Jerusalem, Embassy Decision: ‘Good for Trump’. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 8, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Treene, Alayna (December 12, 2018). Outcry over Trump's "shithole" remarks. Axios. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Angry Reactions Continue to Trump's Vulgar Immigration Remark. Voice of America. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Poor, Jeff (January 13, 2018). Tucker Carlson: Trump ‘Shithole’ Remarks Forcing Lawmakers to Justify Current Immigration Policy. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Anapol, Avery (January 12, 2018). Nigerian-born Toronto Raptors president fires back at Trump: 'There are no s---holes anywhere'. The Hill. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Dinan, Stephen (January 12, 2018). Lindsey Graham called Mexico, other countries ‘hellholes’ in 2013 immigration debate. The Washington Times. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Binder, John (January 12, 2018). Watch: Lindsey Graham – Who Blasted Trump for ‘Shithole’ Comment – Called Mexico a ‘Hellhole’ in 2013. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Binder, John (January 12, 2018). Watch: Dick Durbin Advocated for Ending ‘Chain Migration’ in 2010, a Term He Now Says is Racist. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Ciccotta, Tom (October 23, 2017). WATCH: Students Praise Trump’s Tax Plan When Told It’s Bernie Sanders’. Breitbart News. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Kew, Ben (February 3, 2018). Students Hate Quotes from Trump’s State of the Union, Until Realizing They Are Obama’s. Breitbart News. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Caruso, Justin (February 2, 2018). WATCH: People Hate Lines From Obama’s SOTU — When They’re Told It’s From Trump’s. The Daily Caller. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- It’s different when Obama says it: experiment leads students to question US foreign policy (VIDEO). RT. February 3, 2018. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Phillips, Cabot (January 29, 2018). VIDEO: Students hate Trump’s SOTU…before it even happens! Campus Reform. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Pollak, Joel B. (December 24, 2017). 2017: The Year in ‘Resistance’. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 24, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (May 17, 2017). In ‘Impeachment’ Talk, Washington Establishment Declares War on Trump Voters. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- McLaughlin, Seth (May 21, 2017). Local communities look for reasons, take up resolutions to impeach Trump. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 21, 2017.
- Multiple references:
- Chumley, Cheryl K. (May 22, 2017). F-bombing Trump — the left’s new weapon of choice. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Hart, Angela (May 21, 2017). California Democrats flip off Donald Trump. The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (May 21, 2017). California Democratic Party Leader Leads ‘F*ck Donald Trump’ Chant at Convention. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Yilek, Caitlin (June 4, 2017). CNN host calls Trump 'a piece of s--t' after London attack. Washington Examiner. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- Weber, Joseph (January 20, 2017). Hundreds of protesters arrested in Inauguration Day clashes. Fox News. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Noble, Andrea; McDermott, Ryan M. (January 20, 2017). D.C. police report 217 arrested during Inauguration Day riots. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Clark, Alex (June 18, 2017). A Year of Hate: 9 Times the Radicalized Left Engaged in Violence in the Trump Era. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (June 17, 2017). Dem Strategist James Devine Launches Hashtag #HuntRepublicanCongressmen After Steve Scalise Shooting. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Ernst, Douglas (June 15, 2017). HuffPo scrubs ‘ultimate punishment’ Trump piece after Scalise, GOP shooting. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- More than 12,000 tweets have called for Trump's assassination since the inauguration. Daily Mail. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Greenwood, Max (March 9, 2018). Liberal group launches anti-Trump dating site. The Hill. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Morris, Kyle (March 9, 2018). Liberal Group Creates Anti-Trump Dating Site. The Daily Caller. Retrieved March 9, 2018.
- Walter E. Williams, This Simple Trick Will Help Liberals Get Over Trump Derangement Syndrome, The Daily Signal
- David Kupelian, Understanding Trump Derangement Syndrome, WND