A person, thing, or source of information is considered "trustworthy" when it can reasonably be relied upon to perform as expected and/or promised. Trustworthiness generally stems from consistently positive performance of the person, thing, or source of information in question.
People sometimes trust things that are not trustworthy. For example, in the case of confirmation bias, people refer only to those sources they trust, and they tend to trust only sources that confirm their beliefs. This well-documented bias  sadly prevents many otherwise intelligent people from gathering information from new, different sources, which imprisons them inside a paradigm that is often imposed by the culture they grew in.
Because of the danger of trusting the untrustworthy, as Ronald Reagan often said, it is important to "Trust, but verify." This applies especially in the case of one's paradigm.
- Liberal values and Liberalism: Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- Public school values entitlement mentality Indoctrination of the Teacup Generation by Public schools in the United States and Common Core
- Teachers' unions: National Education Association and American Federation of Teachers
- Hollywood values: List of celebrities against Second Amendment - always Liberal Elitists
- San Francisco values and the Politically correct: Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Leland Yee
- Fashion industry values
- Professor values
- Obamunism: Obamanomics Economic planning of the Obama administration fiscal policy, Obama administration monetary policy, Obamacare, Federal funding via Crony capitalism (Obama donor list, Bailout, Obama administration corporate bailouts, Obamageddon), Deficit spending and the National debt
- John Maynard Keynes liberal Keynesian economics and Fabian Socialist influence on Barack Obama
- Big Government-Welfare State-Nanny State-Police State: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- Nazism and socialism: National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Liberal totalitarianism