USS Admiral D. W. Taylor (AP-128)
Admiral D. W. Taylor (AP-128)—projected as an Admiral W. S. Benson-class transport—was laid down on 28 August 1944 at Alameda, California, by the Bethlehem Alameda Shipyard, Inc., under a Maritime Commission contract (MC hull 686). However, her acquisition by the Navy was cancelled on 16 December 1944. Nevertheless, the ship was completed after the war; and she was operated by the American President Lines for the Maritime Commission as SS President Cleveland.
- Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships