On February 22, 2014, the pro-Russian president Viktor Yanukovych, who was democratically elected, was overthrown after months of violent protests. The residents of Eastern Ukraine, who voted for Yanukovych and supported his pro-Russian politics started to split off from the new Ukrainian government. Since the spring of that year, the Ukrainian government attacks the civilians living in Donbass. A highlight of this crisis was the connection of the Crimean peninsula to Russia on March 17, 2014.
- August. Ukraine submits an application for observer status to in the Eurasian Economic Union.
- 23 October. NSA tapped the mobile phone of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- 27 October. Der Spiegel reports Obama personally approved wiretapping German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone conversations.
- October. Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com purchases the Washington Post for less than half of his ongoing contract for cloud service with the CIA. The Institute for Public Accuracy releases a statement condemning the move. Washington Post begins promoting Hillary Clinton as their preferred candidate for President in 2016.
The NATO organization was founded on the solitary premise of collective security to contain Soviet expansion in Europe. With the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1992, many questioned the need for it's continued existence against an enemy that no longer existed. Several former Soviet satellite states (East Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, the Czech and Slovak Republics) as well as newly independent former Soviet Republics (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Georgia and Ukraine) wanted EU membership, which of coarse would ultimately mean NATO membership, as well (military alliances exist to protect economic alliances). Russia under Boris Yeltsin wanted EU and NATO membership. The NATO powers that be made clear they had no interest in going out of business, and Russia argued how unfair it was that they should dissolve their defense alliance (the Warsaw Pact) and be thrust into another arms race against a growing NATO, which was swallowing up many of Russia's former military allies.
But the case of Ukraine was unique. Ukrainian nationalists wanted out of the Russian orbit. But some the territories of Ukraine are inhabitted by a significant majority of ethnic Russians, too, who wanted to maintain close ties to Russia. The official US State Department's position under President George Herbert Walker Bush at the time was that the Ukraine should remain a sovereign republic within the Russian Federation. Bush argued as much in a speech written by Condoleezza Rice to the Ukrainian parliament. But the Clinton's took over in early 1993, and caved in to Ukrainian nationalists. In exchange for US recognition of a Ukraine independent of the Russian Federation, Ukraine would give up its nuclear stockpile from the Soviet era, and the US would guarantee Ukraine's security, should the Russians ever invade. The agreement reeked a lot like the assurances Great Britain and France gave Poland at the Treaty of Versailles in 1919 that bound them to war with Hitler in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland.
Like the Treaty of Versailles, the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances negotiated by Bill Clinton lasted exactly 20 years. Unlike Great Britain and France who went to war with Nazi Germany when the agreement was violated, Barack Obama broke the pledge that Clinton had committed the United States to. US/Russian relations have deteriorated ever since. And converting NATO from a purely defensive alliance based on the idea of collective security to a military machine waging aggressive wars - as it had done in Libya - fulfilled many people's worst nightmare. No longer can negotiation and diplomacy be used to keep the peace, as the Obama administration had thrown American promises on the dunghill. Gaddafi ceased terrorism, gave up his WMD, and became an ally, all predicated on accepting American promises, only to be brutally murdered at the hands of Hillary Rodham Clinton and NATO. Ukraine had given up its Soviet-era nuclear stockpile based on assurancess given by Bill Clinton, ignored by Barack Obama. Military force now is the only option remaining to remove nuclear weapons from the hands of Kim Jong-il.
Since the Battle of Stalingrad in 1942 it should be clear to anyone, Russia will never allow an aggressive and hostile military force, such as NATO transformed itself into in the Obama era, to ally itself or encamp within the Ukraine.
- 1 November. Snowden leaks reveal Britain's GCHQ and other European spy agencies work together to conduct mass surveillance. The files also make clear that GCHQ played a leading role in advising its European counterparts how to work around laws intended to restrict the surveillance power of intelligence agencies. The Guardian article reports,
It is clear from the Snowden documents that GCHQ has become Europe's intelligence hub in the internet age, and not just because of its success in creating a legally permissive environment for its operations. Britain's location as the European gateway for many transatlantic cables, and its privileged relationship with the NSA has made GCHQ an essential partner for European agencies. The documents show British officials frequently lobbying the NSA on sharing of data with the Europeans and haggling over its security classification so it can be more widely disseminated. In the intelligence world, far more than it managed in diplomacy, Britain has made itself an indispensable bridge between America and Europe's spies.
- 20 November. UK government struck a secret deal with the NSA to share phone, internet, and email records of UK citizens.
- 21 November. Democratically elected government of the Ukraine rejects European Union association agreement in favor of maintaining relations with the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). The path to securing a NATO naval base in Sevastopol on the Black Sea is effectively cut off. Soros-sponsored Euromaiden riots erupt.
- 22 November. NSA strategy document reveals the agency's goal to acquire data from "anyone, anytime, anywhere" and expand its already broad legal powers.
The government of Sweden stopped issuing crime statistics in 2014 when it was reported that murders committed by refugees and migrants occurred at a rate 400% greater than native Swedes, and rapes committed by foreign migrants 550% greater.
On 1 January, 15,000 held a torchlight march through Kiev in support of the 105th birthday of Stepan Bandera, a controversial World War II-era nationalist. Protesters carry the black and red "blood and soil" flag of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army.
On January 28, Victoria Nuland and US ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt discuss details of planned overthrow of the democratically elected government of Ukraine. Nuland makes disparaging remarks about the EU, and thinks the UN will give better cover to make the new US-installed regime appear legitimate.
On February 6, 2014 Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland meets with Oleh Tyahnybok and other ringleaders who assume power after the coup. Tyahnybok leads the Svoboda party. Tyahnybok in 2004 was kicked out of the ruling parliamentary faction after giving a speech calling for a fight against the "Muscovite-Jewish mafia." In 2005 Tyshnbok signed an open letter to Ukrainian leaders calling for the government to halt the "criminal activities" of "organised Jewry", which was spreading its influence through organisations such as the Anti-Defamation League which ultimately wanted to commit "genocide" against the Ukrainian people. DCLeaks published Soros emails arranging a meeting between George Soros and Tyahnbok. Soros, an 84 year old veteran of the Nazi-era Judenrät in Budapest who survived World War II and parlayed his pilfering Holocaust victims' property into a $25 billion personal fortune, himself is Jewish, a proud atheist, and vehement anti-Zionist.
Obama foreign policy shifted at this point forward from the "Russian Reset" of 2008 and the greater "flexibility" Obama promised President Medvedev in 2012, to rabid Russophobia, one factor being Vladimir Putin's lack of support for the homosexual agenda and gay marriage. The anti-Russian grip of Soros on American foreign policy reaches a fever pitch in in coming years in efforts to destroy President Donald Trump who sought to mend relations with Russia after the Ukrainian coup crisis.
On February 7, 2014 NBC reported UK's GCHQ used "dirty tricks" such as computer viruses and sexual "honey traps" to target adversaries (see 27 October 2009). On 18 February the NSA and UK's GCHQ reportedly monitored traffic to the WikiLeaks website and considered a move to monitor communications going to or from WikiLeaks and the Pirate Bay.
Between 18–20 February the Ukrainian coup begins in which almost 100 Soros-backed activists and 17 police officers were killed. As in Syria and other "Arab Spring" uprisings, agent provacateurs begin shooting and killing people on both sides to provoke a civil insurrection.
On 24 February the UK's GCHQ conducts covert operations to disrupt and shape online discourse. On 28 Februar the UK's GCHQ, using a program called Optic Nerve, intercepted and stored webcam images from millions of Yahoo users, then passed them on to the NSA's XKeyscore database.
- 11 March. Senate Democrat Intelligence Committee Chair Diane Feinstein takes to the Senate floor to accuse the Obama CIA of violating "the Fourth Amendment, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, as well as Executive Order 12333, which prohibits the C.I.A. from conducting domestic searches or surveillance," and "breaching a constitutional boundary" of intimidation and spying on the US Senate.
- 13 March. Document reveals that, while many foreign governments share information with NSA, few senior officials outside of the intelligence or defense sphere have any knowledge of it.
- 20 March. Majority Leader Harry Reid backs investigation into Obama CIA hacking of the Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee's computers, and notifies Brennan and Attn. Gen. Eric Holder that the Capital Police will investigate charges that the CIA accessed the Intelligence Oversight Committee’s computer network.
Odessa Trade Unions House massacre
May 2 at least 42 Ukrainians are murdered by Ukrainian nationalists most burnt alive in the Odessa Trades Union Building. Some sources say as many as 116 were killed, but a smaller number is reported for Western media. The bodies were removed and buried in secret. Survivors of the fire inside the building were executed with bullets to the head. Some were beaten to death with clubs when they jumped from Windows of the burning building. A pregnant woman was strangled. Shortly before, pro-Russian extremists killed two pro-Ukrainian activists.
In July 2014 a Malaysia Airlines plane was shot down in Eastern Ukraine. Ron Paul supposes that the US was involved in the crash to provoke war with Russia. On July 31 Democratic Sen. Mark Udall calls for Director Brennan's resignation. Instead, on 7 August DIA Director Gen. Michael T. Flynn was fired. On 19 December George Friedman, chairman of Stratfor, calls Ukrainian coup "the most blatant coup in history."
- 28 January. Sens. McCain and Cardin introduce the Global Magnitsky Act. Under this bill, the inability of NATO to form a consensus and act, or the US Congress and public opinion to oppose certain regimes and actors is compensated for by granting the president power to impose sanctions against persons anywhere in the world at his discretion.
- 2 March. Katherine Herrige of FOX News reports Obama administration senior intelligence officials told her Abdelhakim Belhadj is firmly aligned with ISIS and supports Islamic State training camps in eastern Libya. "Critics say Libya's new position as a safe haven for ISIS reflects one of the most significant policy failures of the so-called Arab Spring," Herrige said. Herridge added that counter-terrorism sources have confirmed that the new support base for ISIS in eastern Libya is now providing "tangible assistance" in the form of training camps around the city of Derna, in addition to a growing number of Libyan fighters joining the terror group in Syria and Iraq.
- 6 March. German government expresses concern over Obama warhawks aggressive stance toward resolving crisis in Eastern Ukraine, accuse Obama's NATO commander of using false data to inflate and exaggerate size of "Russian threat".
- 18 September. United Nation's Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights condemns cover-up of the mass murder of 116 Ukrainians at the Odessa Union Trades Building (see 2 May 2014) by the Obama-installed regime in Ukraine.
- 21 October. Wikileaks reveals John Brennan also used private email server.
- Ukraine seeking observer status in Eurasian Economic Union - Yanukovych, Interfax-Ukraine (19 December 2013)
- 80% of asylum applicants between the ages of 14 and 34 were male, which Eurostat describes as "gender inequality."
Asylum statistics, Eurostat Statistics Explained, Data extracted 2 March 2016 and 20 April 2016.
- Promises of free willing young blonde girls attract migrant Muslim men to Sweden, by 1389 on SEPTEMBER 27, 2015. 1389blog.com
- Migrants are disguising themselves as Syrians to enter Europe, By Souad Mekhennet and William Booth, Washington Post, September 23, 2015
- "Ukraine right revives wartime symbols amid 'revolution'", 3 January 2014.
- "Ukraine's far-right Svoboda party hold torch-lit Kiev march", BBC News, 1 January 2014.
- What the Democrats tried to do today [20 March 2017 Congressional hearing] was criminalize everyone who works for better relations between the US and Russia. To be for peace between the nuclear powers is to be a Russian agent and to be put on a list. The Democrats insisted that Russia was an enemy out to get us, and the Democrats had no difficulty getting Comey and Rogers, both Obama appointees, to agree. Comey and Rogers said that Russia was the main threat to the US, was working against our interests, and intends to harm us. Harming us includes opposing US hegemony and unilateralism. In other words, if the Russian government acts in the interests of Russia, the Russian government is harming the US. From the testimony it clearly emerged that any kind of opposition to anything Washington does is against American interests. Both Comey and Rogers declared, falsely, that Russia had invaded Ukraine and seized Crimea by force. If Comey and Rogers are so poorly informed that they believe this, they are unfit for office. Crimea has been a part of Russia for 300 years.[Citation Needed] The population is almost entirely Russian. When the Soviet Union collapsed and Washington broke it apart, the Ukraine became independent for the first time in history. Crimea, which had been transferred by Khrushchev in 1954 from the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic to the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, was included in the transfer on the condition that Russia had a long term lease on the naval base in Crimea. When Washington’s coup overthrew the democratically elected government in Ukraine, the Russian populations in Crimea, and in the new republics of Luhansk and Donetsk, were attacked and threatened by the neo-nazi elements in eastern Ukraine that had fought for Hitler against the Soviet Union. The populations of these areas voted overwhelmingly to reunite with Russia, from whence they had come. The votes were fair and open. As Crimea is the Russian Navy’s Black Sea base, Crimea was already occupied by Russian forces. For Comey and Rogers to call this an “invasion” displays either ignorance or a lack of integrity. http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/03/20/conspiracy-president-trump/
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid