The ultrasound technology is particularly effective and affordable for viewing an unborn child in a pregnant woman, in a procedure known as a sonogram. About 80% of women considering having an abortion change their mind and keep their child after viewing an ultrasound of him or her. Modern ultrasounds have the ability to acquire images in 3D & 4D.
Types of ultrasounds include shared service machines, portable notebooks and handheld ultrasounds.
Calculations or software are organ-specific to individual echo procedures. Heart and blood vessels, including abdominal aorta and its major branches, Liver, Spleen, Gallbladder, Pancreas, Bladder, Kidneys, Uterus, Ovaries, unborn children in pregnant patients, Thyroid & Parathyroid as well as male reproductive glands.
- Small Parts
- Breast Imaging
- General Radiology
- Osteoporosis (Bone scanner)
- Urinary (Bladder scanner)
Ultrasound has a variety of applications, including
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) and non-destructive evaluation (NDE) of materials.
- Medical imaging and tissue characterization. See ultrasonic imaging and ultrasonic tissue characterization
- Therapeutic ultrasound is sometimes recommended for muscle as well as joint pain.
- Range finding (sonar).