University of Maryland
|University of Maryland|
|City:||College Park, Maryland|
|Sports:||Football, basketball, cross country, lacrosse, rowing, soccer, swimming and diving, track and field (indoor and outdoor), softball, tennis, volleyball, golf, competitive cheer, field hockey, gymnastics, water polo|
The University of Maryland (or UMD) is a Maryland public university chartered in 1856. The school is located in College Park, Maryland. It ranked #54 in US News's 2008 "National Universities: Top Schools" list.
Maryland currently has 12 mens, and 15 women's sports teams. The football program has won 9 bowl games (while losing 10 and tying 2). The men's basketball program won a national championship in 2002, and the women's team won one in 2006. The men's basketball team also won a National Invitation Tournament in 1972. The men's lacrosse team has won 2 national championships and finished second place seven times. The women's lacrosse team has won 9 national championships and finished second place five times.
- ↑ http://www.urhome.umd.edu/timeline/
- ↑ http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php
- ↑ http://umterps.cstv.com/
- ↑ http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/database/maryland_database.htm
- ↑ http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/basketball/college/collegechampionship.htm
- ↑ http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/basketball/womenscollege/womensdiv1champs.htm
- ↑ http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/history/tournament/nit.htm
- ↑ http://www.ncaasports.com/lacrosse/mens/history
- ↑ http://www.ncaasports.com/lacrosse/womens/history