This user is originally a New Yorker and a nerd. Encyclopedic technique: pile-drive bone-crushing fact into the reader's mind until the reader succumbs. Thank you Isaac. No, no you hairless ape, not that one, no, that one. God-RNG be praised!
- This editor maintains this page in User:Amorrow/Systematic_English.
Test: 45,743 articles.
AWM maintains these pages in his user namespace
AWM created and maintains these pages
- See /Pages.
- /Jeff Daniels - a complainer, but thought-provoking.
- /Possible reactions
- AWM likes Special:WhatLinksHere/Insight - The Commander has spoken. So it shall be written. So it shall be done. " Together, we will determine the course of America and the world for many, many years to come. We will face challenges, we will confront hardships, but we will get the job done." It is incumbent upon the XY's to recognize for a minute or two the uncounted millennia of second class citizenship for the XX's. It is incumbent upon the XY's to groom, invoke and nurture the XX's to redouble our manpower and cause the XX's to traverse such moments of insight. New orders! The command has come down the line and the XY's must obey.
Statesmanship used to involve a lot of time alone, without the interruption of modern global instant communications or mass media, without the modern short attention span of the short news cycle. Sometimes without regard to their momentary popularity or what news item is currently receiving publicity. They too do not like laws passed for one or a few persons or one or two events. Statesmen aspire to contemplate mulit-century geopolitical issues. Consider Herbert B. Dixon, Jr., Stephen V. Manley, Aaron Persky, Sen. George J. Mitchell (D) and many others.
AWM attempts to be a prophet. Money is very short term. It is very fast-acting, but the results are sometimes rather a bit more ephemeral. Money can now moved around Earth in a fraction of a second. Tiny fractions of a second matter in trading on the stock market as humans attempt to use their superior G-d-given minds against computer algorithms. The Stock market crash of 1929 occurred with little warning. Congressmen now typically spend at least 50% of their time in Washington D.C. on fundraising."Democrats and Republicans alike are compelled to sign confidential agreements with their parties’ campaign committees, pledging to meet specific fund-raising goals each quarter in exchange for a commitment of heavy financial support as the election draws near. Both parties’ campaign committees monitor their members’ progress weekly."
In the 1997 very successful animated film Princess Mononoke, the giant boar-g-d Okkoto laments: "Look at my tribe, Moro. We grow small, and we grow stupid." See also, e.g. Aaron Schock, Felisa Wolfe-Simon and many others such as IT goons who live their lives attempting to control other of G-d's children via computer/network/database triads.
AWM is worried when laws are changed quickly, such as in the Elizabeth Morgan case, Terri Schiavo, Brock Turner and such. AWM listened carefully George Shultz on May 11, 2009, and recognized the importance of "living in the future" (and also emotionally far, far away). Shultz is ready to talk about that when it comes to nuclear weapons, but he is afraid about other issues that might be related to "living in the future". Shultz is able to maintain his conservative political views and, like a duality, the notions that:
- Time and the tide wait for no man. We careen forward in time. We must study the Past and learn from it, but after that we do as well to reconcile ourselves to the mutability and eternal nature of the Past and just think of it all as God's will. Just maintain our adultness and our ability to engage in self-governance and mentally be in the Present. The Future, to some degree is our will.
- he is made of atoms.
- his immense improbability, starting with his conception-event, which was a complex process that could easily have resulted in some other spermatazoa, corresponding to some brother or sister taking his turn to be alive at all from him.
- having five children, like he did, is probably not such a good plan into the indefinite future for every other person on Earth.
- reaching his goals about nuclear weapons might be related to and even have as a prerequisite stabilizing world population.
- discussing such notions in an integrated manner might seriously detract from his momentary popularity.
- people just want to take their turn to be alive at all and then "not talk about" on their deathbed how little they accomplished in helping humanity to address such objectifying geopolitical, multi-century issues.
Andrew William Morrow is alive. AWM owns the intellectual property known as the domain name thermo4themro.org . AWM is the second son of William Knight Morrow (November 4, 1931, Shaker Heights, OH - August 20, 1984, Kenmore, NY). AWM's father was fluent in Latin and was a low-echelon officer in the U.S. Navy. AWM was baptized a Roman_Catholic on July 29, 1961 at St. John the Baptist Church in Kenmore, NY, USA, Earth.
AWM began a shift in his worldview towards naturalism (philosophy) with his science courses at St. Joseph's C.I. in Kenmore, NY. His teachers, including the Christian Brothers, rejected the notion that reality is effected by pure thought in some amplified manner and warned that they would mark down such answers on math and science exams. AWM drifted towards philosophical naturalism and remained there for decades but of the past decades he has rediscovered some of the devotion of his childhood, especially after experiencing the self-centered nihilism of Jimmy Wales' and his cohorts' Objectivism. AWM is a graduate of RPI, est. 1824 . His degree is in Chemical Engineering. He is transitioning to a social activist and perhaps an artist of sorts. He earned a part of his living with the knowledge that he is made of atoms. AWM displays signs and symptoms of evolutionary schizophrenia. He sometimes also goes in the style of http://www.pattonhq.com/prayer.html . He has also suffered from the doubts of Mother Teresa, who did not perceive of having his prayer's answered by G-d in a concrete way.
AWM makes mistakes. AWM fixes,often after a good night's sleep, AWM's mistakes. AWM goes to confession and does his penance. Usually his confessor is Fr. Francis Goode (or more so Fr. Coleman of late) of St. Francis of Assisi on Bay Road in East Palo Alto, CA, USA, Earth. God forgives AWM. AWM learns. AWM is alive. AWM aspires to patriotism and statesmanship. AWM did not vote for Trump, but is compatible with his administration.
AWM has the domain name thermo4thermo.org . Thermostat for Thermonuclear War. AWM wants to break that horse before he dies. Progress towards multilateral nuclear disarmament. George Shultz is available right over at Hoover Tower at Stanford. So is Condi Rice. Most of the content is copied to domain name awm.wiki and is easier to browse there.
AWM Roman Catholicism
AWM likes, just like his father, likes Latin. AWM sometimes attends Mass at Cathedral_Basilica_of_St._Joseph_(San_Jose,_California). The top of the walls of the inside of the Cathedral include quotes from the Vulgate about Joseph:
- Matthew 1:20 - ANGELVS DOMINI APPARVIT IN SOMNIS JOSEPH NOLI TIMERE ACCIPERE MARIAM CONIVGEM TVAM
- Matthew 1:24 - EXSVRGENS JOSEPH A SOMNO FECIT SICVT PRÆCEPIT ET ANGELVS DOMINI ET ACCEPIT CONIVGEN SVAM
- Matthew 2:13-2:14 - FVTVRVM EST VT HERODES QVÆRAT PVERVM AD PEDENDVM ET MATREM EIVS NOCTE ET SECESSIT IN ÆGYPTVM
- Luke 2:48 - DIXIT MATER EIVS ECCE PATER TVVS ET EGO DOLENTES QVÆREBVS TE
- Luke 2:51 - DESCENDIT CVM EIS ET VENIT NAZARET ET ERAT SVBDITVS ILLIS
- Luke 3:23 - ET JESVS PVTABATVR FILIVS JOSEPH
AWM visits Dr._Martin_Luther_King_Jr._Library a short walk from the Basilica in downtown San Jose, CA.
Frequent and helpful users
AWM maintains these templates
- This is Template:Lw
Online resources to a classics-based education
- Matthew 1
- Matthew 2
- Luke 2
- Luke 3