I edit on Wikimedia projects under the user name Jokestress, a nickname I have used since going online in the 1990s. I spent many years writing jokes for a living, hence the name. I made a few edits here as User:Jokestress before I was asked to change my account to my first name and last initial.
I have read most religious texts, and I have read the New Testament in the original koine Greek. I majored in Latin and Greek in college. I recommend Strong's Concordance by Dr. James Strong (1822–1894) for anyone interested in scholarly study of the Bible. If you are a student of Greek, I recommend reading the Book of Acts in koine, as the style is very straightforward.
I did my graduate work at the University of Chicago, specializing in 18th-century British diaries and satire. Some of my favorite writers from that period include Alexander Pope, Jonathan Swift, Henry Fielding, James Boswell, and Samuel Johnson. I consider Johnson the most important literary figure in the English language. After grad school, I worked in advertising for many years. I now work in film and television as a writer, producer, and director.
I do not plan to edit here often. I joined because now and then I see a case of egregious abuse of this wiki. My plan is to mention it to Conservapedia editors I respect from my time working on Wikipedia. I'll let them handle things from there out. Though I disagree with much of the tone and scope of this project, I fully respect and support your right to maintain it.
A few quotations you might find interesting
- "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too."
- -- Voltaire, Essay on Tolerance
- "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall
- "For there are some eunuchs, who were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, who were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."
- "...I do not judge as man judges. Man looks at the outward appearance, but I look at the heart."
- -- 1 Samuel 16:7
- "...there is neither male nor female, for we are all one in Christ Jesus."
- -- Galatians 3:28