I view the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) as a political Rome/Italian (and later European) power play and historically it has stacked Italian cardinals disproportionally within the Vatican power structure even to the present day. I did a quick count and there appears to be 46 living Italian cardinals in the RCC despite global Christianity being dominant today. And despite global Christianity being a fact today, the current German Pope (Pope Benedict XVI - Joseph Aloisius Ratzinger), recently was stacking the RCC cardinal leadership disproportionally with Europeans (mainly Italians).
There is a history and tradition of corruption, scandals and intrigue within the Roman Catholic church hierarchy.  The longstanding tradition of corruption within the RCC hierarchy exists even today. 
Christians can be the salt of the earth and thus affect politics, but when you mix politics too much into the church, it is a recipe for corruption. Paul warned about the bad influence of "church politics" early on in the New Testament (I Corinthians 1:12-13). Also, "In Acts 6 we get the first sign of internal trouble. The Hebrew widows were being cared for while the Grecian widows were neglected.") etc. etc.
Furthermore, the New Testament Greek does not support Peter being a rock upon which the church was built. Both Paul and Peter both had zeal and recommended zeal within Christendom, however, church history shows that Pauline influence on the church appears to have been greater than Peter due his missionary trips, great abilities, NT writing, very zealous nature, etc. Conservative 16:20, 4 October 2012 (EDT)
Roman Catholic Church response to Nazism
- Although I don't agree with everything in this video, I do know Adolf Hitler was raised a Roman Catholic and said he would remain a Catholic (Adolf Hitler stated in 1941, "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so"), said he adopted the hierarchical organizational structure of the Roman Catholic Church for the Nazi government and there are many pictures of Roman Catholic officials with Adolf Hitler.
- I have a few questions:
- 1. Why didn't the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) ex-communicate Adolf Hitler?
- 2.Why did the German Pope Benedict XVI, who was a member of Hitler's Youth, revoke a Holocaust deniers ex-communication?  Was this the right thing to do?
- 4. Who was the highest ranking German/Italian/Vatican RCC official who was severely persecuted by the Nazis?
- 6. Are you willing to have a debate centered around the 15 questions for evolutionists via a recorded oral debate which would be distributed to tens of thousands of people.
- If you are confident in your evolutionary beliefs, please make the necessary arrangements via this free chat room: http://login.meetcheap.com/conference,89538844 You can make the necessary arrangements with the chat room moderators Shockofgod or VivaYehshua. Alternatively, you can email Shockofgod via his YouTube email at http://www.youtube.com/user/shockofgod